Lake of the Woods Lakemaster Chip Vs Navionics App

• msw1700
    Hudson

After reading some previous posts about using the Humminbird 597 CI HD unit for ice fishing, I thought I could at least use the Lake of the Woods Lakemaster chip with this unit to see the breaks and where I am on the Lake. However, I also have the Navionics phone app which works pretty well out there as well. Will I have more detail using the Humminbird and the Lakemaster Chip than using the Navionics App? I just bought the LOW Lakemaster chip which isn’t cheap, and I normally don’t fish Lake of the Woods other than ice fishing (so I won’t use this chip in the summer), so just wondering if the detail I will find is much greater than on my phone with the Navionics app…

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Can you try out both and see which ones better?

msw1700
    Hudson

I certainly could, I was just hoping to not have to spend $130 on the chip if the Navionics phone app worked just as well

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Even with my 597 in the boat it can be off by a few yards, since you will be popping a lot of holes anyways I would think anything to get you in general proximity would suffice. Good luck up there.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I mis-read your post. Thought you already had the chip. Your app should work ok. It doesnt have all the names of the reefs and stuff though. Both have their pros and cons.

taz
    Frederic wi

I would save the money and stay with your phone app. I use the phone app all the time up there and it’s been very good to me.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Your app should be pretty darn good. Unless you run them side by side on the same water its hard to tell. But the Navionics has had great feedback on LOTW

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.