Got into the bluegills yesterday

• Ice Cap

Bluegills were spawning a little late this year. These were right off the dock. Threw back quite a few of the bigger males if they weren’t hooked too bad. Kept enough for a good meal released the rest. I love fishing off the dock or off the pontoon when it’s tied off at the dock when these guys are in shallow.

Blues

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Nicely done, they look yummy

Dan
    Southeast MN

Nice work. I think most would agree that pound for pound those bluegill right there put up the best fight. Can you imagine if you could get a 32-inch bluegill, if that would even compare to anything else?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

nice fish!!!!!!!! waytogo waytogo

Ice Cap

Nice work. I think most would agree that pound for pound those bluegill right there put up the best fight. Can you imagine if you could get a 32-inch bluegill, if that would even compare to anything else?

I agree they are scrappy for sure and fun as heck to catch on light gear.

jwellsy

Those look more like bullgills. peace

queenswake
    NULL

Cannot beat a good mess of bluegills and crappies. Fun to catch and fun to eat. And agree about dock fishing. When they are on, it’s fun to slam em without even untying. So relaxing.

Ice Cap

Nice gills. I even see a nice perch in the mix!

Yes the perch are really coming along at our place. Neighbor caught several 11″ Perch off his dock the day before.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Nice mess of sunnies! I agree – I love fishing off the dock or pontoon tied to the dock. It’s fun seeing the little guys zoom around in the water, then you see the shadows of a larger sunfish and think – all right, a keeper! )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.