Goose Hunters

• big_g
    Isle, MN

My nephew is into goose hunting, I like chicken devil Anyways he wants a goose call… what is a good one ? What would you recommend with about a $50 price range…? Thank You ! peace

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

How old is he? Has he had any experience with a call? Is he committed to learning a call. The reason I ask is the short reed calls are able to do so much more and can sound so much better, but they can be difficult to learn and require a lot of practice at first. I’d hate to have you buy him one and he gets frustrated and quits.

If he is just starting out the big river flute call is very easy to use/learn. Sounds good and is a great call for the beginner…heck I still use my big river flute call and I have 2 short reeds that cost over $100 each.

big_g
    Isle, MN

He is 17 years old. Just starting out, but he goes with some experienced guys so……

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If he is new to calling I’d go with a big river Flute call. Great call for the $ and easy to learn to sound good with. I see sticker already said the Big River as well X2 what he said

goosehunter

i would recommend the sledge hammer by banded its cheap ($25) and dosent take a lot of air to use. C&S is good too but is expensive.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

He is 17 years old. Just starting out, but he goes with some experienced guys so……

Go with the big river flute, get him a lanyard and an instructional video and you are right at about $50. Then he has all summer to get a good grip on how it works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.