Goofy weather

• Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

With the forecast showing temps over 40 and pushing 50 for the next 7-10 days, I’m seriously considering pulling the boat and and hitting the Missouri River for the weekend. I’ve got the itch to ice fish as bad as anyone else, but our ice was sketchy at best before we got the snow. Add in some warm temps and wind and it’s just more risk than I’m comfortable with.

Anyone else headed out on soft water this weekend? Looks to be really nice. Stay aware and safe on the ice for those that have it.
    Andy

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I love it. Very jealous you’ll be in the boat.

I’ll be focusing on archery league season practice since the ice is sketchy here but there is still ice preventing baiting.

bee
    Maine

Its still soft water here in Maine and will be for sum time. The boat is loving it. Its giving me time to enjoy the Humminbird Helix 7 befor ice.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Hooking up to the boat tonight just like I do every night!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Boat is hooked up and in the driveway. Should be on water in a few hours.I’m guessing at least 2 more weeks of this weather. Hope for more.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

bee is it possible to put a MarCum or Vex down to see how the bird interference rejection works. I thought that was what another post was questioning and just thought maybe you could help them out.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

bee is it possible to put a MarCum or Vex down to see how the bird interference rejection works. I thought that was what another post was questioning and just thought maybe you could help them out.

I’ll run a 788 and a vx1 next to each other. They’ll play together, but not perfection.

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

I have a 788 on the transom and an LX-7 transducer on the bottom of my Bow mount and haven’t had a problem. They are 16.5 feet apart though.

bee
    Maine

We are fishing a lx3 and my helix 7 about 10 ft apart. No problems.

slabchaser87
    Isle, MN

Trolling cranks on mille lacs now.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20151205_155744921-1600x900.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.