Good place to purchase new aluminum utility trailer?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I need to purchase a utility trailer. Flip up ramp in back, enclosed on other three sides. Ill use it to haul (1) ATV at at time and haul leaves and brush. Must be aluminum. I got 11 years out of my last steel one before it rotted to the ground. It was getting harder to move around every year due to its weight and my increasing age… Any experienced suggestions where to shop would be appreciated.

David Blais

I’ve bought all my trailers from twin cities featherlite. Sam is a great guy to work with, and he recently purchased the place from the previous owner. They carry other brands them just featherlite.

skinnywater

I had a good experience at Trailer City outside of Grantsburg, WI right off of 70. I think they may only carry Bear Track when it comes to aluminum trailers, but I was able to get exactly what I wanted the same day.

I was looking for something similar, except I ended up with a fold up/not flip up and it was “enclosed” with rails. 2 years with it and no issues…except for my dumb a$$ snapping the key off in the lock I had on the coupler this winter…took it up there and they cut the lock for me for free, so I can’t complain

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I also have a Bear Track. Very happy with it. I put a 24″ wide piece of aluminum on both folding ramps right in the middle. Makes it easy to pull something up the ramp with a 2 wheel cart or even for just walking up the ramp.

blackbay
    mn

M&G trailers in Ramsey. We picked up a 14 foot Aluma there. The whole process went really well.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Find anyplace that carries the Floe Cargo Max series. Pick your size. Problem solved.

Floe had a display at the Deer & Turkey Classic last weekend. I can’t imagine a better utility trailer. Aluminum frame with a no-rot, no rust poly bed and body. Loved the integrated tailgate ramp. LED lights were standard too. Also, I appreciated the no hidden “upgrades” to jack up the price. You get exactly the trailer shown, no up charges for the ramp, wheels, LED lights, etc. The only option is the spare tire and mount, which was priced reasonably.

I’d buy one in a second if I were looking for an open trailer.

Grouse

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

M&G trailers in Ramsey. We picked up a 14 foot Aluma there. The whole process went really well.

I picked up a 12Ft Aluma Trailer there. They were very good to deal with and the process went well for me also. I haven’t had to use them for warranty though. That’s usually a good thing though.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve had my mind set on an Aluma ever since driving by their factory in Iowa returning from pheasant trips. Come to find out there is a dealer near me in Hastings so for convenience sake that is likely where I will get it. Now just trying to decide between 8 and 10 foot. I had an 8 before and Im sure it will serve me well but bigger is always better right? My quad will fit in an 8 with little room to spare. Price is close. Im just worried the 10 will be harder to store. Any opinions between those sizes?

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I would check craigslist and Facebook marketplace before you buy new. Let someone else pay the new price. The aluminum trailers from ALUMA are just built to last. Save yourself 25% off new with little or no tax.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I don’t think you’d regret getting the 10′, unless you really only have room to store an 8 footer.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I don’t think you’d regret getting the 10′, unless you really only have room to store an 8 footer.

x2
    It is easier to move full 8’ sheets of plywood in a 10’ trailer.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Sold. Aluma 10 foot it is. Thanks all.

CaptainMusky

Really wishing I had just bit the bullet and bought an aluminum instead of the steel one I bought 3 years ago. 1 year in the paint was coming off like crazy. Now I am going to sandblast it this Spring and either a heavy duty enamel paint or have it bedlined. Not happy because it was obviously not prepared well before the powercoating process to have issues crop up that fast. Honestly I had only used it 2 times in that year and only once was in the winter.
    It is a heavy beast too. My next trailer will probably be an aluminum enclosed. Tired of all the slop and crap covering everything in the winter.

tominblaine

Hi there suzuki I picked up a Bear Track at the forest Lake dealer for hauling atv and swisher brush cutter or 2 atvs , I compared prices for all makes at all the local dealers, the Bear Track worked out best for me.

Tom

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

I have a Triton APT 612 that would work great for what you’re describing. I bought it at Forest Lake Trailer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.