Good deeds don’t go unseen

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been snowblowing the neighbors driveway and sidewalks all winter. I haven’t received as much as a thank you.
    But I just keep doing it. Even when I can hardly do my own.
    They just stopped over and said they appreciate me so much and gave me a gift. Awesome, never had it and I really like it.

Attachments:
    1. 20230315_182042-1-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I guess the pic didn’t work lol. 125 bucks I wouldn’t have ever spent. But it’s good

Attachments:
    1. 20230315_182042-scaled.jpg

Coletrain27

How do I go about telling my neighbor he owes me whiskey too? jester

Ripjiggen

Hate to break it to you but they don’t appreciate your efforts as much as you think. That bottle is 60 bucks. I only got a 50$ gift card to cabellas which real value is probably only 30$ jester

It’s just the right thing to do so kudos to you.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s all good either way. I seen the numbered bottle with elk head at 125. The other stuff at 60. I don’t mind either way. I only ever expect a thank you.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230315_184006_Chrome.jpg

Ripjiggen

Yeah that’s the Tawny port cask. Either way cheers and enjoy I have not had either. toast

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well done. The gesture is always worth more than the monetary value. Beside being a good neighbor you are setting a example for the kid. applause applause

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

If you ever figure out that those stoppers can fit into wine bottles and you name it Carl and make a barfing sound when pouring $2 chuck at Thanksgiving it might become a family tradition.

Not that I would know.

AK Guy

Golden rule, but I think you’re more golden, bearcat. Good on ya.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well damn. Taste good and feels good.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

They don’t make better neighbors than you. Glad the ones you have recognize it

Jimmy Jones

I’ve been snowblowing the neighbors driveway and sidewalks all winter. I haven’t received as much as a thank you.
    But I just keep doing it.

Good on ya!

I do our drive that’s common with the neighbor along with his sidewalk. Plus I do the neighbor on the other side of us that has some disability and the elderly woman on the other side of the neighbor I share the drive with. She’s alone so I do her walk and driveway. I don’t charge anything. The docs tell me to stay exercised and this winter has kept me well worked.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s all about just helping others. I try to keep my good deeds up. And I try to teach the kids the same thing

eyeguy507
    SE MN

well deserved Bcat! I been doing the same for the last 10 years. Never in it for anything but helping my neighbor out so he don’t get a heart attack. I been lucky as he is an executive chef and some of the “gifts” have been quite the treat!
    someday when i retire, i have always wanted to buy a plow truck and drive around plowing peoples drives. not only would it be fun but would feel so good helping out.

FinnyDinDin

Good on you bearcat. With how much it’s snowed this winter, you’d be getting a bottle every couple weeks if you were my neighbor.

MX1825

Good for you BC! waytogo waytogo
    Doing a Good Deed make a person feel good!
    Remember drink responsibility! wink

A Thank You means a lot though.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Nicely done Bearcat! That is a well earned beverage! applause

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Nice….. I get warm cookies at times, and find it more meaningful than cash. Appreciation goes a long ways. Good for you being “that” neighbor.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

That’s great! Good on ya for helping out.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

One heck of a pat on the back BC!

Paul D
    Roseville

Nice job BC! My neighbor brought me a bottle of Crown Royal Salted Caramel for clearing theirs only 3 times, JACKPOT!!! Close friend had his second heart attack in October, quadruple bypass February 8th, so been clearing his driveway as well as mine all winter. I have now officially logged more time behind the snow blower than the lawn mower all last summer. Doesn’t seem right to me at all.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well done on you sir. I do the same for several neighbors. We have a great neighborhood and everyone seems to pitch in when they can. The world needs more of people helping other people.

Erik Swenson

You seem like a good egg BC. Respect your common sense approach to life and setting good examples with your son and others as I’ve seen in other threads too.

Amen to that fishthumper. I typically clear a an elderly couple down the street and the neighbor’s driveways in heavier snow falls and feel at times we don’t see enough of that anymore too. The aforementioned couple gave me a nice card and $50 this year. Completely unnecessary, but nice to know it meant a lot to them and does help cover some fuel and a couple of chiro visits depending on how much snow we get. I’m on the losing end of that one this year… rotflol

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Nice job BC and a nice gift. Very good whiskey they got you.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

bow
    I’m not worthy!!
    lol

Good for you Bearcat!!

orve4

I moved next to an elderly couple about 6 years ago. Over this time I have probably snow blowed there driveway upwards of 30 times with as much as a thank you. I dont do it for them I hope someone is helping my Grandma in the same way. Also help out other neighboors who at work so they can come home to a clean drive way.

JEREMY
    BP

Kind of opposite in my neighborhood. Im 48 and the neighbor is 83. He always has my driveways cleaned up before i get home from work. Cleans up my leaves in the fall and even tills my garden. I always tell him not to but he enjoys it. We always bring them stuff. Yesterday my 7 year old brought them our first two bottles of maple syrup for the year and just got a call that the 4H fruit baskets I ordered for them are coming tomorrow.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.