Good Deals at the Ice Show

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I went to the show not really needing anything but couldn’t pass up Shimano Sedonas for $34.00 at Marine General. They usually sell for $60. Anyone else spot anything too good to pass up? I saw an amazing number of LX7’s going home with new owners so the retailers must have had the pricing wars going on. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20151207_124412.jpg

JFan02

I picked up an otter rod case for $75 instead of the normal $100. I also saw the Lx-6s going for $510 and 7’s for $550.

shockers
    Rochester

I was actually a bit disappointed I didn’t see more good deals – though I was mostly just enjoying walking around and chatting with guys. My impression was there were some good deals to be found on bigger ticket items, though. Sure saw a lot of guys walking out with nice toys.

I wish they could hold that event in a bigger venue. Just like most years, gets a bit crowded in there.

And it was great to meet James in person. Nice to meet another tall angler.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I made it over to the Tuned Up booth just in time to get one of the last available Commanders on Saturday afternoon!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Picked up a new Vex FLX-28 $570.00.

d21arren

I also picked up some nice new toys. The deals were ok, but in the end probably could have received the same deals online. I picked up the 4 stroke honda 8″ that I could have had for the same price online and a new Otter hideout xt that was the same price online. But once you add in the taxes on both items, it really wasn’t a crazy good deal. All in all, I’m happy with my purchases, seeing how I would have bought them anyways. Like others said, crowded and needs to be moved to a larger venue.

FRS

Rather disappointing to order a TUCR on-line and have to wait 4 + weeks, pay up front
    + S&H but those going to the show can buy them right now.

Kent Tau

Some friends got flx28 genz pack for $460 out the door. They had to buy 5 units though

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

$100 off a 3 night 2day trip at High Banks.

red89
    Hudson

Paid $284 for a Clam Kenai Thermal. Turned out they sent me home with the wrong one (non-thermal). Ended up taking it back and getting my money back. Couldn’t exchange it cause they never even had any thermals. doah
    Could of got a Otter Hideout for $385 but decided to just get my money back and get out of there.

Lesson Learned, double check model numbers before you take something home.

wetsleeves
    Iowa

Picked up a new Marcum LX5i for $420 out the door, a TUCR Commander(Erie walleyes are in for it this year) and got a deal on (2) 50 yard spools of Sufix 832 ice braid for 7$

John at TUCR told me about the Sedonas at Marine General but as good of a deal as that was I had already spent about 150$ more than I should have so at that point and decided against it, but that was a smokin hot deal.

Brennon Nielson

I made it over to the Tuned Up booth just in time to get one of the last available Commanders on Saturday afternoon!

Where exactly does the commander fit in the arsenal of TUCR?

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Will Roseberg wrote:</div>

Where exactly does the commander fit in the arsenal of TUCR?

It’s in between the Precision and the Power Precision with a heavier backbone for handling the heavy jigging raps and rippin raps but a quick enough tip for working the softer fishing spoons like Tinglers waytogo

castle-rock-clown

Did anyone score a signed bikini poster of Deb Dallas at her booth?

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

I didn’t make it to St. Paul, did get to go to Blaine though. Picked up a new LX5i and a few other new toys including a Sedona 500. They’re getting harder to come by this year, especially the 500’s. Its too bad Shimano is discontinuing them. By far the best ice reel available.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.