Getting water spots off windshield

• chirp
    Rochester

I know this has been asked before but couldn’t find any posts. Anybody have any good formulas for getting water spots off the windshield on your boat? Thanks in advance.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Vinagar and water mix

chirp
    Rochester

Any specific type of mixture? 2-1, 1-1?

mattgroff

Norwex rag. My wife uses them often. Seems to do a good job. But idk.

Pauleye
    Onamia

I use a 50/50 mix to clean off my water spots.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I use a 50/50 water/vinagar mix for most apps

bullcans
    Northfield MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chirp wrote:</div>

I use a 50/50 water/vinagar mix for most apps

Also a good one for wiping off the spots on your graph screens waytogo

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

You can buy vinegar windex also.

GoldWinger

X2 on 50/50 water/vinegar mix for both windshields and depth finder screen I use distilled water in a little spray bottle and a micro fiber rag on windshield and eyeglass rag on screen

fireline
    Rochester

Just wondering if ‘Rain-X ‘ would work ?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was going to say the same thing about rain-x, but apply it after it is cleaned up and then you don’t have to worry about cleaning spots off again.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

I use ALL Vinegar–it is cheap–no need to mix with water as the spots etc. come off better and quicker with the pure stuff….IMO. I do the whole exterior of the boat/splash guards and engine with pure Vinegar. 1 gallon–put on very liberally, does the whole boat/engine/under water portion of the engine etc.– no matter how bad the water spots/stains are.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I use ALL Vinegar–it is cheap–no need to mix with water as the spots etc. come off better and quicker with the pure stuff….IMO. I do the whole exterior of the boat/splash guards and engine with pure Vinegar. 1 gallon–put on very liberally, does the whole boat/engine/under water portion of the engine etc.– no matter how bad the water spots/stains are.

Tin or Glass?

FDR

GoldWinger

Another good product for plastic windshields is Plexus Plastic Cleaner. Use it on my M/C windscreens and boat wind screens. Available on-line and most motorcycle dealers

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>steve-fellegy wrote:</div>

Tin or Glass?

FDR

I have for many years and still do use the ALL vinegar on BOTH “tin and glass”. (motor cowlings are “glass” no matter the boat…) After washing with the vinegar, I spray my boat/engine with furniture polish such as Pledge or the like. (I do not wipe the waxy polish after spraying it on generously)

Ryan

I wash the whole boat except the windshield. The wife cleans it with her norwex rags as well. They work great. She cleans hds touch with them too

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.