Generator for wheelhouse

• Brad Dostal

We are looking at purchasing either a Honda EU3000IS or a Yamaha EF3000iSEB for our wheelhouse. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? I am especially looking at how easily they start in cold weather? I think they are probably both great so need help making a decision.

MNdrifter

I would go with the Honda. I own a 3k Yamaha and I like mine, but a buddy has had nothing but trouble with his Yammy. Makes me nervous. His consumes oil pretty bad. The dealer has “fixed” it several times. And he’s still having trouble with it. Mine so far has been good. Start/runs good. It came with my wheel house but wouldn’t have been my first choice had I bought it separately.

Brad Dostal

Is your buddies a 3k Yamaha too? Does your Yamaha start well in really cold weather? We have to Champion generators and neither one would start today.

?????

Any 4 stroke motor will start hard in the cold. Hondas are a excellent product but they do start hard in the really cold weather. Say you use it in your wheel house and shut it off at night, bring it inside and take it out in the morning when you need it, no issues, leave it out all night in -15 to -20 good luck. I have them for work and we know if you take care of them no issues if not issues. Even my 4 stroke honda powered strikemaster augar is cold blodded compared to the two stroke we have.

Brad Dostal

We ended up buying the Honda EU3000IS and will be taking it to red lake and lake of the Woods for a week leaving today.

MNdrifter

Is your buddies a 3k Yamaha too? Does your Yamaha start well in really cold weather? We have to Champion generators and neither one would start today.

Left mine out on the four wheeler last night. 3rd pull this am she started. Buddies is a 2k. You won’t be disappointed with that Honda. Everybody I know who has them loves them. Good luck!

Last nights haul on a local lake:

Attachments:
    1. image-2.jpg

2. image-1.jpg

MNdrifter

Just wish my four wheeler started this morning. But that’s another topic. Lol.

Matthew Sandys
    Inactive
    Grand Rapids, MN

Get 2 Honda 2000 and get the link. Cheaper then one 3000. Give you more power and is cheaper. The 2000’s run a lot longer on a tank of gas. I run both and your can get 8 hours on 3000 per tank and 12 on 2000.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.