GEAR DRYING SYSTEM

• Brent Bakke
    Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta Canada

A drying system that is easy and cheap to build, can be used for fishing, hunting, hockey, work cloths or gear, it can be fabricated to mount on dollies as well making them portable for trailers, hotel rooms, outside etc.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0517.jpg

Charles

Well that is freaking awesome, I may have to steal that idea.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Beats what I do, I just hang crap up in the bathroom with a box fan going all night

Sylvanboat

This is what makes America so great.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

How loud is that squirrel cage?

Brent Bakke

Not bad as long as you don’t have an old one with a bad bearing.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Beats what I do, I just hang crap up in the bathroom with a box fan going all night

Heck, I’ve just been using the dryer…

But seriously, that’s pretty cool!

jake47
    WI

Wow that is awesome! I am constantly trying to dry 3 sets of little boots on my boot dryer. What type of fan/blower is that? I’m not super mechanically inclined, but I think I may have just found my new garage project for the winter!

jake47
    WI

Would something like this work if the manifold could be attached?

XPOWER

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Would something like this work if the manifold could be attached?

XPOWER

120 CFM is pretty weak. Take a look at inline duct fans from greenhouse or saltwater aquarium online retailers. You can get 4-6x as much power for less than $100. Some can be super noisy.

This one looks like a winner. It’s adjustable too.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hydro-Crunch-677-CFM-8-in-Centrifugal-Inline-Duct-Fan-with-Variable-Speed-Controller-for-Indoor-Garden-Ventilation-GDF200/302928417?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-303724560-_-302928417-_-N

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I am constantly trying to dry 3 sets of little boots on my boot dryer.

I feel you. Fleet Farm had a great sale on them earlier this winter, and I have have three boot dryers sitting next to the front door. )

I like the DIY version, though. When my dryers die, I will look into this.

CBMN
    North Metro

Not sure if the link worked correctly but it is for the Ram Air Gear Dryer.

They use simple PVC valves to control air flow and might be a helpful idea for someone that is DIY.

Brent Bakke

Wow that is awesome! I am constantly trying to dry 3 sets of little boots on my boot dryer. What type of fan/blower is that? I’m not super mechanically inclined, but I think I may have just found my new garage project for the winter!

Trust me I’m not mechanically inclined either the items we purchased were from a hardware store, the sky is the limit on power and air volume the piping would not change you could build dampers etc but plastic caps work too. glad you guys like the concept just wanting to share with other outdoorsmen!!

archerj
    NULL

Thats awesome! what about hooking up some sort of funnel you could put over a heat register in your house to introduce a small amount of heat, or plumb in another pvc that could draw heat from inside?

jake47
    WI

I finally made one of these last year with an in-line duct fan. Works pretty good. Has anyone figured out a way to add heat to them? Feel like it would dry gear fast with supplemental heat.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I finally made one of these last year with an in-line duct fan. Works pretty good. Has anyone figured out a way to add heat to them? Feel like it would dry gear fast with supplemental heat.

PTC Air Heater PTC Ceramic Air Heater
    110V 200W/300W Insulated PTC Ceramic Aluminum Tube Air Heater Heating Element, Insulated Ceramic PTC Heater

Features:
    Adopts of PTC ceramic heating element and aluminum tube, low thermal resistance, high heat transfer efficiency. This product is a electric heater with automatic constant temperature and energy saving. This PTC ceramic air heater has the characteristic of surface insulation and high security. Mainly used in small instruments, small box space environment temperature heating. Application: air conditioner, electric heater, instrument, general appliance, air curtain machine, humidifier, etc.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Or one can use a Mini Space Heater 200W Low Wattage Electric Small Desk Heater for Office, gives you both a fan and heat.

Reed

Mine’s not as sophisticated, but works great. I had most of the material lying around the house so I really just need to get a bathroom fan and make the caps.

Attachments:
    1. 20220912_092413-scaled.jpg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.