Garmin Panoptix Ice

• papaperch

For those interested http://www.bassboatcentral.net is an excellent place to search for used electronics.

Have bought and sold on that site for quite awhile now. No problems at all as a buyer. One as a seller because of super picky buyer. I refunded his payment. Next guy in line was glad to get it.

When Livescope first came out. There were a lot of the Panoptix ducers on there. Has slowed down a lot. But deals do pop up.

Word to the wise. If you see what you want and the price is fair to you. Jump on it with both feet. Friend of mine trying to shave 50$ off already dynamite deal. Lost the the best deal I ever seen on there. Tried to warn him but he lost out to . A person that knew a deal when he sees it.

Marcusj

I purchased the panoptix ps22 transducer this summer for boat and ice use. I had it out several times this summer on the boat. Worked great for suspended fish and finding structure, could even see fish on structure. I just recently got back from S Dakota with it, first time I had it on the ice. On my second day out was on a pretty good Walleye bite with a few perch and smallmouths mixed in. I had 3 holes in a line with panoptix ducer down center hole a rod down each outside hole along with my markum lx6 down one of the outside holes. Here is my thoughts on it for ice fishing. It does not even compare to the markum lx6 for precession, I would have to pull a spoon 9″ up from the bottom to even see the spoon on the panoptix, could not even mark the belly hugging bottom perch or 16″ walleye. On the lx6 i am able to detect my spoon just as it come off bottom and the belly hugging bottom fish. I think this was a good comparison, I was able to spend a complete day comparing. Maybe I am missing something in the settings IDK?? (Advise accepted) Even as fish came up to my jig there wasnt that knowing that his nose was right on my jig like reading my lx6. Now it was fun to watch fish come in from 10ft away, also it helped when i could detect fish 10 ft away start jigging a lil more aggressive or precession like.
    I do believe if I only had my panoptix that day and not my lx6, I would have caught less fish then i did.
    My conclussion, bottom related fish panoptix …. Not worth the jack. Suspended fish or related to structure up off the bottom…yes its worth it. Your gonna drill alot less holes and find the fish/ structure pretty damn quick.

B-man

I purchased the panoptix ps22 transducer this summer for boat and ice use. I had it out several times this summer on the boat. Worked great for suspended fish and finding structure, could even see fish on structure. I just recently got back from S Dakota with it, first time I had it on the ice. On my second day out was on a pretty good Walleye bite with a few perch and smallmouths mixed in. I had 3 holes in a line with panoptix ducer down center hole a rod down each outside hole along with my markum lx6 down one of the outside holes. Here is my thoughts on it for ice fishing. It does not even compare to the markum lx6 for precession, I would have to pull a spoon 9″ up from the bottom to even see the spoon on the panoptix, could not even mark the belly hugging bottom <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch or 16″ walleye. On the lx6 i am able to detect my spoon just as it come off bottom and the belly hugging bottom fish. I think this was a good comparison, I was able to spend a complete day comparing. Maybe I am missing something in the settings IDK?? (Advise accepted) Even as fish came up to my jig there wasnt that knowing that his nose was right on my jig like reading my lx6. Now it was fun to watch fish come in from 10ft away, also it helped when i could detect fish 10 ft away start jigging a lil more aggressive or precession like.
    I do believe if I only had my panoptix that day and not my lx6, I would have caught less fish then i did.
    My conclussion, bottom related fish panoptix …. Not worth the jack. Suspended fish or related to structure up off the bottom…yes its worth it. Your gonna drill alot less holes and find the fish/ structure pretty damn quick.

I have very little experience with Panoptix, but the bundles come with a 2d ice ducer too.

The bottom definition and detail is nothing short of amazing with a GT10.

I’d assume you could run both at the same time?

Marcusj

Thanks I tried my gt10. Couldnt get it to read anything but i think i had transducer selection set on gt52. I gonna check it out before i get it out again if we ever get any ice. Yes you can put it on split screen but that takes away from screen size on panoptix. Just saying not that i am disappointed.

Just any fyi, the bottom resolution with the lvs32 is pretty spectacular. You can also easily tell heads from tails on any fish bigger than 10″ to assist with your jigging tactics.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.