Rocks + Heat + Baitfish + Walleyes = Shorelunch

• arklite881south

Pretty simple really! Rocks hold heat. Bigger the rock is the more heat it will radiate. This in turn increases water temps in close proximity to mr. Rock. Increase in water temps lend themselves vulnerable to the first hatches of the year “YUMMY!!!”. Bug hatches attract baitfish to the area “BAIT FISH EAT TOO!”. Baitfish of course attracts predator fish “HELLO MR. WALLEYE!”. Predator fish of course attract you and I “TAKE THAT!”. Suppose you could find a rock or two in Rainy??? I know my lower unit did last year. LOL! Ah yeah the eyes are snapping. Just depend on how you want to fish them. Don’t get caught up in “Well last year we fished over there…. or My great grandfather said that…. I bet this beer can with trebles should work… Fish the patterns. Not only will you catch fish on larvea imitations AKA “hair jigs”, but I’ve been doing real well on paddletails in the oyster color. Black or white jig heads as light as you can fish. In the last couple years I’ve noticed an increase in moss like crap on the bottom, so a fine tuned swimming/twitching just on top of this will greatly increase your hits. If you fish it too heavy you will find yourself adding a lot of “Rainy Lake Salad” to your live well instead of walleyes.

GOOD FISHING!

“Catching is more fun than Fishing”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.