U.Red Lake 2/20-21

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

This is going to be a short post for now. went up for a short 1 1/2 day trip last Sunday afternoon. overall had a slow bite on crappies and did pretty good on Walleyes up to 21″. Will add more to this post later. wanted to added a couple of pictures of John Hand, who helped his dad and grandparents to some wonderful Crappies. He is about 12 years old and is a Kelliher resident. I did bring these two Crappies home with me so I can MOUNT these two beauties for John and his Dad. Will add more to this post later, but will get the pictures on here now. Jack…

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Check out this 14 inch Plus beauty, YES I was just a little envious as I did not find any. Jack..

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Nice fish!
    Going up on Saturday with a group to get after them.
    Have the extension on and ready to drill lots of holes.

scottsteil
    Central MN

You won’t need that extension unless you really want it.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I used my extension on a Lazer Mag, it was in the hole before I broke through. better to have it along, than leave it at home. thinking about going up in a week or so. Scott, does the fishing get better in middle to late march. thanks, Jack..

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Better safe than sorry I guess. Never know, may end up in some of the 4′ ice that’s been reported. The ol auger’s gonna get a workout tomorrow. I gotta find some slabs during the day. I have yet to get on the really hot bite up there. Usually get some. But I have been shut out on the crappies twice.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I talked to a group that has been fishing out of Westwind over the last week. They said the extensions have been necessary. It sure would suck to get out there and come up a few inches short.

Matt

jetro
    Mayer, MN

The extensions were handy. It would have been close without them. We finally hit the mother load. Didn’t take much drilling as we found them right away. Five of us got our limits plus some C&R from 10:45 to 11:30 on saturday, 6.5 miles out of Hillmans access. The crappies were hot and hit every thing. We could only fish one line. What a great day!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

way to go Jetro,
    do you have any pics of some BIG slabs????? hope so.
    throw’em on here, would love to see some.
    Is the Crappie Highway starting?????? thanks Jack…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.