LOW week in review!!!

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I just returned from a weeks stay at the WigWam on LOW pre-fishing and fishing the MTT championship. The shinner bite is going pretty well in the river right now! Fish are also being caught out front of Pine Island in 20-26 fow. Jigging with a shinner was our best presention. We pulled cranks during the week, but did not get the results needed to stick with it. Traveled as far as Garden Island to the north looking for active fish. The main lake was pretty dirty when we arrived and took some time in cleaning up. One day we had some calm winds, but experienced the fog!!! and not the fog from too many hours in the bar at the WigWam either…….it was pretty thick! while trolling on this day I had a small bird land on one of our trolling rods to take a rest! I think the poor thing was lost and could not find any land. It jumped off my rod and sat in our boat for a few minutes and than rested and took off!! That day the lake was as green as I’ve ever seen a body of water get…..the boat wake over the side looked like thick mountain dew!!!! maybe worse..
    We caught alot of fish! good numbers of slots and many smaller fish also.
    Jigging this week I had the pleasure of using my St.Croix Avid with Power Pro line!!! wow! is all I can say! what a feel! The only time I struggled to feel my bite was while trying to jig fish later on the last day of the tourney in 7 foot waves out front of Pine Island!!! It did’nt take us long to realize to make a change.
    The folks at the WigWam took great care of Mike and I while on our stay!! Good food, really good cheer in the bar!!! and a nice cabin with ample space to park the boat and truck. So nice we booked the cabin already for next September!!

sorry, but I don’t spend time taking pictures while fishing for or during a money tourney!!! so no pictures to share……just great memories!

To the staff at the WigWam,
    Thank you

oh ya, by the way…..Mike Gangl and I took 11th place in the MTT Championship!! thanks Mike Holt and staff for another good year on the trail!!! see ya next year

evileye
    Milan Il

Sounds like you had a fun trip Bob, Congrats to you and Mike on a Great finish

Don Hanson

Thanks for the report and congrats. on your fininsh!

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Glad that you had a great experience Bob! Congrats on the tourney.. and thanks for the great compliments! Much appreciated!! Looking forward to next years tourney! Judy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.