Mead’s Spruce Island Camp

• Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has stayed here before on Lake of the Woods. We are booked for a week with the family in the 3rd week of June for mostly a smallie/walleye trip.
    Its located near the TUG channel which is about 15 miles SW of Monument Bay(NW angle). Rates are reasonable and cabins are pretty private and only a couple on this island total.

Anonymous

DeeZee

I have fished out of the NW angle area. We stayed at the Bonnie Brae Resort on Oak Island. We fished the canadian side about 20-25 north of the border. We had some nice fish going in the narrows area. I have some good maps of this area. You can use them if you want………

Anonymous

Thanks Bobber,

Actually we have been fishing the NW angle area for awhile now, just have never stayed at this resort? I think this will be our 13th year to the NW angle? How did you like Bonnie Brae resort and accomodations?

Anonymous

DeeZee, It’s a real nice resort for being in such a remote area. It is still in Minnesota and a stone throw from Canadian water!

where do you fish in this area?

We took the French Portage Narrows north of Falcon Island and fished north of Skeet Island. There are some deep reefs in this area that really were holding some walleye in the month of June………..Its a long way to go, but well worth the distance!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.