waiting very impatiently!

• usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

Waiting on my father-in- law and friend to get to my place. Heading up to LOW for 3 days of solid fishing!

Question on filleting, since there is a slot do the fish need to be head on or will a patch of skin left on the fillet be enough for transport purposes?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I think 1″ square/patch of skin left on the fillet

Blomekelly
    Rainy Lake

I had a couple of guys who were at lotw the past few days and just hammered them eye’s
    BB2

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

Saugers need to be intact completely. Walleyes just the 1″. If you’re staying at a resort its easier to pay them to clean take home fish. They usually have a packaging license and can completely fillet them.

duke.harbaugh

Its easiest just to leave them all whole… just back from there and we got harassed by dnr. He said he can’t measure a fillet and tell how big the walleye was…. unless your guide has a packaging license like 18fisher states we were told to leave them whole (gill and gut em). First time we have been messed with the warden was extremely nice about it.

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

The issue of the slot measure was my concern and gill/gut was my understanding as well. Thanks for the info fellas.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

The guide we stayed with always left the dorsal fin on the saugers and 1″ patch on the eyes.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

The guide we stayed with always left the dorsal fin on the saugers and 1″ patch on the eyes.

This is what I always see.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.