Guess the day

• irishman

Many of us are chopping at the bit to figure out when Birchdale landing will open.

Lets get your best guess on the record.
    A. When does the first small boat get pushed across the ice?
    B. When does the first large boat roll off a trailer in to the water?
    C. Will we have muddy water or won’t we have muddy water before the last day of the season (April 14th)?
    Here’s my guess:
    A. Saturday morning, March 30th
    B. Friday morning April 5th
    C. No Mud

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

D. First big boat pushed across the ice.

thegun
    mn

march 5th Ill take my 52″ chaisaw and cut the landing open if i have to..

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

March 5th 2014?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

2042. Climate change.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Quote:

Many of us are chopping at the bit to figure out when Birchdale landing will open.

Lets get your best guess on the record.
    A. When does the first small boat get pushed across the ice?
    B. When does the first large boat roll off a trailer in to the water?
    C. Will we have muddy water or won’t we have muddy water before the last day of the season (April 14th)?
    Here’s my guess:
    A. Saturday morning, March 30th
    B. Friday morning April 5th
    C. No Mud

small boats pushed,(you gotta be nuts!), next week sometime
    big boats off trailers,,,, maybe the 10th or 11th
    mud,,, most definately!!! If we get enough melting & maybe some rain to open the river from bank to bank, we will have enough mud to shut the bite right down. I’m not being the harbinger of doom here,,, I have already had to scuttle two trips north this year, and it makes me feel like crap. I would love to be fishing instead of staring at ice & snow. IF we have a window of opportunity at all this year, it will be very small, sad to say. Seems that we are really caught between a rock and a hard place this spring…..

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I was a negative nancy two weeks ago. I gotta say that now the conditions are looking better than they did two weeks ago. Now I’m confident that it’ll be another good, but short, season.

Small boats by Friday and big boats by 4/5.

irishman

Clementson’s Resort has done us all a great favor by documenting on their web site the history of ice-out on the Rainy River over the past several years. A review of that history looks to me like it typically takes about 1 week from the time the first small boats get pushed across the ice until the large boats are rolling down the ramp and into the open water. With Temps in the 40’s up there the next 3 days we should see a major change n the ice. We are getting close now.

joeshow

First Small Boat – 3/28/2013
    First large Boat off the trailer – 4/3/2013
    Mud on 4/13/2013

I’ll collect my $$ from the Vice Chief at Borderview on the 4/14/2013, which will be the last day of 5 day trip with 3 days trophy walleye fishing and two days fishing leviathon!

joeshow

Al Gore…I want my money back! I did exactly as Algore instructed; I invested in a big gas guzzling SUV and drove extra miles all with one the goal of getting some good old fashioned global warming. Zip, nothing, nada, scatch, we might have ice in June.
    So now we are going to call it climate change? We had that before global warming, infact we had experts in the 1950’s and even earlier – they are called Weatherman and they are never right either. I see a lot of SUVs on the roads, so a lot of people must have bought into the idea. Maybe Algore was really working for GM or Ford, think about it!
    I want my money back!

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

A. 4-10-13
    B. not gonna happen
    c. 4-20-13

joeshow

Wow big boats on 4/2! It’s on now!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.