LOTW Report (Warroad)

• roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Fri/Sat…Stayed in Warroad at the America’s Best (should be called America’s worst service. Man o’ man…How dare I ask for an extra pillow!). Used portables and drove out on Babblers Rd. that heads out to 16 mile reef. We had about 4″ to spare on auger before we would have needed an extension. You could get off rd. in 4 wheel-drive but even then you would get stuck. No biggie though…
    Fishing…DEEP worked best! Got off the reef into 32′ and the fishing was much better than the 24′ we have had good success in the past with. 2-1 sauger to eye’ ratio but we did release a 21″, 23″, 23.5″ and a 24″. All in all not bad but this was the slowest we have ever done on our annual excursion to this area of the lake. I should mention that we typically go 2nd weekend in March but schedules didn’t work this time to go in March…

Rusty21

I’m heading to Warroad next weekend with some friends. Most people have been saying gold and glo colors are the way to go..? Also, are jigging rapalas and spoons working best? I just read an article in Minnesota sportsman talking about the need for noise at low light situations and depths. So I’m curious if Ripp’n raps would be effective..?

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

We did better with large lindy darters and #5 chubby darters all tipped with a head on the bottom and tail on the back.We tried everything as well.lots of lookers with full bellies.We fished near Garden.The fish took it head first one day and tail first the next.Go figure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.