2013 Rainy River Run

• c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Chris G. – just have a few questions as we start to gear up and plan for the trip.

I am planning on buying Pulse-R’s and Moxies. Is the bigger size the better choice for both?
    I was thinking four colors or so of each, starting with Chart/orange core and Pro Blue. What other colors would you recommend?
    My group is also wondering what time we should plan on arriving at the Thunderbird the first night (11th for our group)?

Might be a little early to be getting ready, but after last week’s IDO episode, we are FIRED UP!

Chad

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Chris hasn’t been on here much lately but…

I do know they use white up there,and I also believe they are using the 3.25 in both styles.As far as colors go Chris can better answer that part.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Quote:

Chris G. – just have a few questions as we start to gear up and plan for the trip.

I am planning on buying Pulse-R’s and Moxies. Is the bigger size the better choice for both?
    I was thinking four colors or so of each, starting with Chart/orange core and Pro Blue. What other colors would you recommend?
    My group is also wondering what time we should plan on arriving at the Thunderbird the first night (11th for our group)?

Might be a little early to be getting ready, but after last week’s IDO episode, we are FIRED UP!

Chad

The 3.25’s are what you want, and be sure to include plenty of white pulse-r’s. Fish the white in front of a gold glitter jig, it’s a knock-out combination. I like the 3/8 oz., as it holds the bottom better. It really all depends on the flow, and the river was pretty low last fall at freeze up. We have the first session, and if it’s remotely as good as last year, we will really be in business!! I have plans to be up there on March 25th for my first trip, but we’ll have to cross our fingers for open water. Looks like it might be a little later this year. Good luck you guys…………

arklite881south

Hey guys.

The private group for the 2013 Rainydaze River Run is just about complete and ready to be opened. Just waiting for Holst to give me the last instructions of how to do it.

He’s Probably digging a sled out of the slush somewhere.

As for the Moxies and Pulse-R’s I do like the 3.25’s as mentioned above.

Beyond that in all honesty I plan on throwing some Max Raps.

Shhhhhhhhhh!!

Look for the invite to this group for all those attending the event this week!!

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for the info guys. My dad’s biggest walleye ever is about 4 lbs, so my goal for the trip is for him to catch a big ‘un.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.