Mediacom Internet/TV/Tele

• moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Tired of loosing my signal when it rains with Dish. Does anyone use Mediacom for all of the services (internet,TV.Tele) ? I’m 90% sure I’m going to switch, unless someone tells me otherwise. Thanks

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

In three years with DirecTV, I have only lost signal to a storm 4-5 times, and never for more than 15 minutes or so…usually only a few minutes. Maybe your dish just isn’t aimed properly.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

Try going with some one else!!! we have been burned by mediacom for years with there unpredictable bills and billing and [censored] internet service. Every month your bill will be differant and they will give no explanation why…RUN AWAY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’m in SW Wisconsin and have Mediacom for my TV and Internet…

I feel all the services are way over priced no matter who your with so if price is not in the equation… I like mediacom for the internet…It is Hi Speed cable modem and it is about 95% reliable ans so is the TV…bout the only time we loose anything on the tube is when the ice storms hit..

cts
    winneshiek county IA

I have all three services from mediacom and the only thing i can complain about is the price if you can get on one of there deals for a year i think its like $30 a service its ok but look out after a year!!!!!! the prices will go up!!!!

mrwalleye
    MN

Mediacom sucks their customer service sucks and they call you all the time with offers to add services, its the only choice we have in my area ( to many trees for a dish ) and after the first year they jack up your bill but hey if your a new customer its 1/3 less as for Hi Speed thats if your not at the end of the line like we are, 16 houses before us on the line so on a weekend or evening its slow, and if you complain they just tell you to pay more for more speed, if you have Quest in your area go with them for internet and pick up a good modem, stick with the dish for tv and make them come out and check that it’s aimed properly

hnd

your dish isnt adjusted properly. plus my mediacom goes out in storms more frequently than my dish does. we use them for internet. i love when they call to try and sell me their cable package. inevitably i get the “arnt you tired of losing you dish when it rains?”. my response,”actually im tired of losing my internet for 24hrs at a time when it rains”

barc
    SE MN

Quote:

Maybe your dish just isn’t aimed properly.

Agree – I bought a $5 Satellite Finder off of ebay a few years ago and it really makes aiming/fine tuning a satellite dish an easy task. Lots of YouTube videos out there that show how they work.
    barc

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I have mediacom as well only for Cable and Internet. I am not a fan because their customer service sucks but the internet is fast and the cable RARELY goes out. I have never gotten a call from them offering more services so that may be different area to area. If I had another cable option I would probably take it but I don’t.
    I looked into dish and direct, the cost was about the same but I would have been giving up channels I want without upgrading to a more expensive package. When I looked it over dish and direct try to sell you on hundreds of channels but a larger portion of the channels were just music channels which I have some with mediacom as well and never use.

Overall the reliablility is good, internet speed is good and I don’t even have the top speed and my pc at home is faster than my work pc, customer service is marginal at best but I like this option better than the satelite options.

mrwalleye
    MN

Buckshot do you get the channel flicker on windy days (quick flash to snow) from your Mediacom ?

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Mediacom is the worst, I have Dish now. Dish has gone out one time in 3 years, for about 10 min. Mediacom was out all the time, CS is the worst, they could care less. They will make an appt. a week or 2 away, so no tv, too bad. The price for the first year is good, but that will change BIG time.

gary d
    cordova,il

My sister in-law has mediacom and when it goes out she has nothing. She does not like it,but to old to change now!!!.Call your rep and see if they can align your dish to make it better. I have Dish and like it.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I have had Mediacom cable and internet for years and have very few problems. Friends who have had their phone service don’t like it. If you talk to enough people, you will get complaints about customer service for any company. Neighbor has Direct TV and his dish was damaged by a tree limb in a storm and they lost their service. Took 3 weeks to get it replaced. If they had sent a new dish…..4 bolts and he could have fixed it himself but they wouldn’t do that.

hnd

Quote:

Mediacom is the worst, I have Dish now. Dish has gone out one time in 3 years, for about 10 min. Mediacom was out all the time, CS is the worst, they could care less. They will make an appt. a week or 2 away, so no tv, too bad. The price for the first year is good, but that will change BIG time.

yeah its crap big time in the qc.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.