Posting you name

• packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Just a thought, I was going to post my name instead of useing my online name, but it I did not have enough fish bucks to display my name.
    Could a person display their name with out using fish bucks?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Did you try changing it and just clicking save ? See what happens ?

Not saying it will work…just never tried it before…

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thanks ecnook but this is what I see.
    Display Name (Name attached to your posts.) (2 – 25 characters)
    Display name changes cost $5.00 Fish Bucks. You currently have $1.73 available.
    Changes must be approved by an admin. No refunds on disapproved names, please choose wisely. Thank you

Looks like I have to post a little more.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I really like the idea of using your actual name, rather than hiding behind a screen name. I changed mine some time ago for 2 reasons.

1. I think in the long run it will bring members togther in public. You might see the fella through work regularly and not even know it.

2. I often think twice about wording in posts and hold my tongue from actual thoughts. Keeping the forum more professional.

A few times I have even skipped posting… if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all.

I really hope more users switch to the AKA status.
    –Mark

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I really like the idea of using your actual name, rather than hiding behind a screen name. I changed mine some time ago for 2 reasons.

1. I think in the long run it will bring members togther in public. You might see the fella through work regularly and not even know it.

2. I often think twice about wording in posts and hold my tongue from actual thoughts. Keeping the forum more professional.

A few times I have even skipped posting… if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all.

I really hope more users switch to the AKA status.
    –Mark

X2

I followed Mark for the same reasons. Makes us more accountable for our comments.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

That is why I would like to see it happen.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I would gladly donate some of my fish bucks to your cause if an admin would approve of it.. What am I going to do with 59 fish bucks???

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am big G… but my profile info has always showed my real name for all to see… and I still post some dumb stuff…

I put as much stock in something somebody says, in how easy I can put a name to the statement

Glen Ertl aka big G

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Hey Thank you Cade, Great to see support out their.
    What a good site

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Quote:

I am big G… but my profile info has always showed my real name for all to see… and I still post some dumb stuff…

I agree

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

one thing i don’t like about it, and yes this is real.

you post your real name

you have your location listed

you post pics showing a nice boat, electronics, gear, etc etc

you come home one weekend, and you need to call your insurance company because somebody went shopping in your garage.

it does happen…

there are bad, bad people out there, and i choose to make it just a little harder for them… while i type this, there are 75 unregistered users browsing this forum. Just think about it a little bit.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes there are bad people out there.

Personally I have more important things to concern myself with then someone stalking me or my family.

Things like will insurance pay for blood removal from the walls and carpeting? When is the FW’s Carry Permit need to be renewed?

But most importantly, when are we going to get a new Vikings stadium?

Then again, if you’re on the witness protection program, I would suggest not to use your real name.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I have never been concerned about using my name.

If they want it, the insurance will buy me more.

Thery have to get it first.

Anyone in town could rip me off but I will not lose sleep over it but I do understand your concerns.

BK, the Vikes are not getting a new play ground until they move. These law makers in MN seem to not want them badly enough to work out some type of a deal.

If it takes as long as it did for the Twins, my bet is Ziggy will pull out.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

But most importantly, when are we going to get a new Vikings stadium?

as soon as they raise taxes for it…

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Some sites require your name in the signature… Its kinda nice to see who’s who….

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

2 options

1)Start posting a lot and get some fish bucks

2)Put it as your signature

Your welcome

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

First name and basic location, St Paul, Mpls, Dakota county..something to put you in a area.

If someone’s selling something this is important to me, it tells me where your close to, also if your looking to partner up for a days fishing, your in Duluth I’m in Rochester, no sense in spending time getting details on a trip.

Besides, kinda embarrassing calling someone for the first time and when the wife answers, asking for ” The Studmaster”…

Al

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

[Besides, kinda embarrassing calling someone for the first time and when the wife answers, asking for ” The Studmaster”…
    Al

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I like using my online name, it is the name of my boat, so if I am on the water maybe someone will recognize it and I might make a new fishing friend . Anyone can look at my profle and see who I am and the other information. I also do not worry about some one coming to my house to rob me. One I have insurance. Two I have a big dog and three my neighbors will tell them not to worry about the dog but look out for the owner. I have great neighbors by the way and we look out for each other. So post your name if want,we all have our differences and should respect the others opinions even when we disagree.

stuart
    Mn.

I think putting your location up is more important than real name.
    So many guys will post a ? about a lake,you respond thinking its close a only to find out its a different state ect….

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Thanks Stuart, I did not realize I did not have my town listed. Corrected that. I agree it is nice to know where they live before giving info and looking like you do not know what your are talkng about. I have done that plenty of times

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I put my name in my signature after several folks really thought my name was Ralph. Still get called Ralph quite a bit

Case in point, I was walking my dog the other day and someone stopped to ask if I was Ralph because he had seen photos of my dog on IDO

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ralph Wiggum isn’t the most memorable character on the Simpsons. In fact it was less than two weeks ago I was looking for something on YouTube and a Ralph Wiggum video came up. I watched it purposely to see whom you named yourself after.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Funny you say that Ralph, I have been called Harv for Harvey lee more tham by my name. I guess that is better than other names I could have been called.

People would say is that you Harv at a boat landing and I said why sure and never even botherd to say my name was Tom.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Off to Google Harvey Lee. I don’t get to watch the Tube much.

BTW the display name that really bothers me is ECNOOK…

I always have to look at my computer through a mirror to remember Daves real last name.

big_g
    Isle, MN

O.K. knairB

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Ralph Wiggum isn’t the most memorable character on the Simpsons.

He’s got a small part, but I find him hilarious!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

“Tastes like burning!”

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

“I saw Principle Skinner and Ms. Crabapple making babies in the janitors closet, I saw one of the babies, he winked at me.”

Best character on the Simpsons, reminds me of, me

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Quote:

“I bent my wookie.”

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.