Japan radiation in California

• walleyejgr

Just seen the news said large amounts of radiation has hit Sacramento California.Japan came clean today and said DANGEROUS levels have been released into the air and are now at a level 5 situation.Winds to change out of the north blowing it to Tokyo now.Not good.Then they announced that the emergency pumps for the California reactor have been in-operative for the last 18 months and the reactor is built on 3 major fault lines.Thats reasuring news,

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

What happened in Japan is Very bad!!! but it was the “perfect” storm…

and working in a Nuclear Power Plant… all I have to say is the news media blows stuff so out of proportion.. its sicking…

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I had heard on the Fox news that a very small amount of rad. hit California but it was so little it would not harm a fly.

They predicted that the winds could carry some to our west coast but to not worry as it would be so little.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

the cement in your basement gives off more than whats in the air right now…

walleyejgr

Quote:

Where are you getting you info? I think you heard wrong.

LA Times Link

Our local news channel and they interveiwed people that are in both places and from Iowa.

jerry_ruffolo
    Manitowoc, WI

The amount of radiation being measured in California is slightly above the cosmic level seen on a daily basis. I’m not sure where you’re getting your information but I’d say it’s highly incorrect. I’d start searching for a new source for news.

sandmannd

From what I hear, the amount of radiation in Japan is less than having three X-rays. You wouldn’t die from that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.