Get your blood pumping

• nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Was doing some reading online about how the fox river in DePere is opening up. Stumbled across this video.

I grew up fishing the fox and plan to make it back this spring for the annual chaos.

If this doesnt get you excited for open water nothing will.

Fox River

a1a

Looks like a blast! They caught more in two minutes than I’ve caught in two weeks. I feel a great day is about to pop soon.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

So how many boats are on that 7 mile stretch during the run? Thinking about heading that way this spring.

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

I was in Green Bay Wed & Thurs for the U S Cheese Championships and saw quite a few boats out on the river. The Mississippi is beginning to open up also on Pools 8 & 9.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Not sure I could even make an educated guess. A lot, but still fishable if you dont mind fishing vertically…

Eric Pomplun
    janesville, wisconsin

there can be anywhere from 100 to 200 hundred boats out there during the weekend. but there are still a lot of places to fish away from the crowd. a buddy and i will be up there the 24 and 25 slaying the walleyes.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

I was crossing the 172 bridge the other day and saw a guy netting a fish out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.