I am starting to like my chances.

• love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Ow well another Monday morning and the start of a long 3 days week. Three day week? Yes it’s true. We have Hired Mr. Chris Granrud on Rainy Lake for our father son trip this year. We head up to his place on Thursday to fish for the weekend. After seeing his latest post in the rainy lake forom we are more than pumped. My son garrett is turning 9 on Tuesday. He is a little guy. but he loves to fish. It is awesome to call him into the office and let him read Chris’s posts. His eyes completely bug out of his head when he looks at the pictures. He is 4 for 4 on the big fish pool on this trip and we hope his streak stays alive this year. Last year he landed his PB a 29incher on lake of Lake of The Woods on the west side. We have all the pictures and measurements as I was planning on having a replica made for him. I have now decided to hold off for now as I think Chris can break his old PB on the walleye He is 45″ tall and asked me last night when I was putting him to bed, “Dad if I catch a northen longer than me, can we get a replica made of that too?” My immediate answer was, “damn right we can.” I know many of you have had the pleasure to fish with Chris. We are liking our odds of icing some BIG fish this weekend as the forcast looks like warmer weather with little chance of snow. Chris we look forward to this weekend. Se we are shooting to beat 29″ on the walleye side. Any big pike for Garret will make his year.

See you Thursday,

John

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hey John. Good luck this next weekend with Chris. I hope Garrett knocks the socks off his PB record.
    Arnie

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

You will have a GREAT time up there.

Sounds like your son is really getting into fishing. What a bright future you two will have on the father / son fishing trips! Congrats.

(Make sure Chris fixes him up with the “Rainy Lake super secrete” lure. I know he keeps that one just for kids.”

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I started mine off young too. Now he even helps pay.

Good luck Garret, I’ll be watching for your picture on IDO

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I would definatly put some of the off time of the day insearch of those tanker pike!! Goodluck to you both, but more so to the little man

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks Arnie- Great to hear from you. I am sure Garrett will hold his own as always. He can’t wait to meet you next year.

Brian- I will remember to bring up the “secret Lure” does this still work for a kid that has a horseshoe up his ?

Bill- He has loved fishing since he was 4. Just wish we could get uot more toghether. That’s why this trio is so great.

WalleyeBen- Our plan is to chase some of those monster pike in the down times.

John

arklite881south

I assure you we will do our best. Just a 30 inch eye and a 45 inch Pike on our down time?? I’ve iced (1) 30 incher this season so far. I’ll have some conversations with the “Fish Gods” to see what I can arrange.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

honestly Chris, just give the info the Garrett and let him have the conversation. that kid talks a good game, and would probably end up getting 33 and 50 inchers begging to be caught after he is done.

arklite881south

That sounds great!! I need a right hand man with connections. Sound like Garrett is going to be just my kind of fisherman. Love it…….LIVE IT!! No other way. Over the last couple days BIG FISH being seen…….BIG FISH………NOT being caught. Hope good ole Garrett brings his lucky rabbits foot!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.