premier split-grip

• walleyejgr

see were St.Croix and Cabela’s got together and put out a split-grip premier rod.They should have put the Eyecon reel seat on it ,then it would be something to look at.But thats just my opinion.American made Mojo thats black.But it’s still St.Croix!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Thats a new “made for Cabelas” rod…we’ll see how it sells. I am guessing that since the Triumph, Premier, and Species Specific Mojo, and Eyecons are all SC II graphite rods…it is going to be difficult to market all of them…Ave Price points… Triumph $60…Premier $110… Mojo $100 and Eyecon $100. Very close!

The actions of the Triumph and Premier I cannot tell apart. The Mojos have the sharp cosmetics albeit “slower” bass actions.

The Eyecons, while not up to Avid specs, are sharp looking, solid, lite wt, sensitive walleye rods in faster actions for 45% less than Avids.

The Premiers have a TON of models to choose from because they have been around forever…but I see some of those models being picked up in the other “Species Specific” lines and the Premiers may be close to retirement. I am not sure the split grips are loved by all anglers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.