Cut finger on auger blade

• 140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Cut my finger on one of my 10″ Laser blades this morning, not bad but enough to leave some blood on my shop floor. Got me wondering how many have cut there fingers on these things and had to go get stitches. This was as close as I have got but one little slip on some new blades and it’s straight to the ER.
    Ben

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m not sure what to tell you they are wicked sharp for good reason, for new nothing, but a small cut, I’m very careful with them.

mduffy1969

Cut mine on the day I bought the auger. I was tightening the bolts on the blades and my ratchet broke and I opened the finger right up. Didn’t even feel it….. til I took a shower that is! Should have gotten a stitch but scars are cool……aren’t they?

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thumb, to the bone. Butterflied it and went fishing! Still can’t feel that side and know better than to not have it looked at then, but I had a hot crappie bite going on. Changing blades by the way, watched my hand thinking who’s running that?

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Yea ratchet slipped off on me. It will be leather gloves from now on. I didn’t even want to look at it, I couldn’t feel it but the way it hit I thought it was going to be really bad. I was lucky. Right before the ratchet slipped I told my self don’t let it slip.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I try to keep the blades closer to the ice than my fingers.

Sorry, it’s not nice to poke fun at other peoples blood loss.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Two years ago sliced the side of a new boot open. The Sorels were never the same after that.

ekruger01

few years back i was pulling the otter by hand on clear ice with the auger laid on top of the house, wind pushed the house forward and it took me off my feet. my kiester landed right on the blade ended up with 14 stiches in my rear end and couldnt sit for a week…….

the cold snap cover goes on now even when hole hopping!

EK

seeds
    SE WI

I’ve had minor cuts over the years,nothing that would have taken more than a few stitches had I gone to the DR’s

I’ve heard a bunch of stories – some pretty bad. It’s why I get kind’a anal about guys leaving an uncovered auger laying around where others are fishing.

140-zuki
    Cokato, MN

Yikes 14 stitches on your rear? That would be horribly painful. I will always put the cover on mine now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

ended up with 14 stiches in my rear end and couldnt sit for a week

So how did you explain that to our FW?

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

Yup,too many cuts to remember. Now I wear leather gloves whan I change blades.Works grea t!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

cut mine on a mora hand auger many years ago. didn’t realize how sharp they were until my hand slipped putting the cover on. much more careful since then.

ekruger01

yeah wasnt fun,thats for sure….. funny part was the fiance was working the ER that day, so all her co workers give her crap about it when she tells them im out fishing lol

deputycrappie
    Near Lake Pepin, Minnesota

I’ve got a sweet scar from that! Was putting the cover on a brand new lazer auger when the wind whipped up and tried to take the cover away, I grabbed real fast not thinking, and 9 stitches later I have a lifetime reminder to be careful when I put the auger cover on!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Sliced open the palm of my hand once on my lazer hand auger. Last year, I bumped my leg with my strikemaster gas auger and cut right through my snosuit bibs. That hurts more than I remember the cut on my palm hurting.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I’ve seen plentyb of blood but not ever mine for somereason always with Strike master!! I got one of the red augar caps for my Strikelite just so my fingers never get within feet of the blades works AWSOME, totaly hand free on and on in less than a second!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.