pflueger arbor

• walleyejgr

has anyone had any issues with there arbor reels? took advantage of the 50deg temps today and hit the river for about 6hrs.got a lot of play in the handle and the rotor is pretty sloppy.no noise from the gear box or rotor turning.all screws ar tight it has been serviced.had the heck fished out of it since i got it.just wonder if its wore out already? or if it was just a bad unit,i’m stumped.thanks for any help or suggestions

blufloyd

Found it to be not up to quality of Presidents. Tighten the big nut under the spool. I do this about every other month.

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

No problems with mine

mule170
    Bemidji

Ive got 4 and havent had a problem with any of them.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

has anyone had any issues with there arbor reels? took advantage of the 50deg temps today and hit the river for about 6hrs.got a lot of play in the handle and the rotor is pretty sloppy.no noise from the gear box or rotor turning.all screws ar tight it has been serviced.had the heck fished out of it since i got it.just wonder if its wore out already? or if it was just a bad unit,i’m stumped.thanks for any help or suggestions

I know a lot of fisherman and Guides that are using the Arbors day after day all season (incl me) w/o a problem…The Bass forums I occassionally are also very high on these Arbors. That being said, any reel can have a issue…
    1)I’d bring it back to whomever serviced it
    2) bring it to Everts…Dean sells a ton of these and usually will have the answer/remedy…
    3) contact Pflueger

walleyejgr

Quote:

Quote:

I know a lot of fisherman and Guides that are using the Arbors day after day all season (incl me) w/o a problem…The Bass forums I occassionally are also very high on these Arbors. That being said, any reel can have a issue…
    1)I’d bring it back to whomever serviced it
    2) bring it to Everts…Dean sells a ton of these and usually will have the answer/remedy…
    3) contact Pflueger

talked to Dean problem solved!Thanks Dean!!!

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Deans the man

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

talked to Dean problem solved!Thanks Dean!!!

And the solution was ????????

walleyejgr

called Pflueger customer service,explaned what was going on with the reel,put me on hold came back and asked my location back on hold ,back again , asked if I had paper and pencil handy to write down this p.o number and a claim # the extension of the young lady I was talking to.Told me to take it to the Sheels in Des Moines and give them the p.o # and claim # if they had any issues to call her at the given extension. Drove 56 miles to scheels talked to customer service they were very professional and sent me upstairs to fishing and got a new reel.Acording to the gal at Pflueger they had production run that was bad and unfortunetly some slipped through.

Mtkirsch

Hey WalleyeJGR, I work for Pflueger on the brand management side. Glad they got everything figured out for you. I too enjoy the Arbor, on my lake it’s great for the big bass and catfish that put up a tough fight. Quick question…what type of fishing line do you spool on it.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Welcome to IDO.

-J.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.