abu garcia

• walleyejgr

stumbled across a abu garcia 6600 brute,kinda out of the loop on bait casters.it is a swiss built unit.just wondering if it would be worth grabbing one, will be putting it on a 6’9″ to a 7’2″ xh/f muskie rod, havent decided wich rod yet.replacing my one and only cat set up some one else thought they needed it worse than me (i sure do dis-like theives)thanks for any opinions

lhprop1
    Eagan

If it really is an older unit and is actually Swiss made, it’s a solid reel. If it’s one of these newer jobbers, well, it’ll bring your fish back to the boat for a while. Reliability is a big factor in the newer Abu’s.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If it is actually swiss made, it has a lifetime warranty on it. I don’t recall the details of the warranty. Might want the check the company site.

walleyejgr

Quote:

If it is actually swiss made, it has a lifetime warranty on it. I don’t recall the details of the warranty. Might want the check the company site.

yes it is a true swiss made reel already did that home work,it has the brass swedish gears, and full lt warenty

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

It sounds like one of the older reels which were pretty bullit proof,the only thing I don’t like much was the level wind doesn’t free spool. I have 2 of the red 5000 reels that are almost 50 yrs old,I retired them a while ago,my Dad bought me 1 of them when I was 12

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.