Senseless

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Don’t know if you heard about it but a 17 year old Minneapolis tean shot and killed two women convenience store clerks one in Algona IA and one in Humboldt IA, after taking cigs and cash. Said he didn’t want them to be able to identify him. Saw him on the news as he was being led into the courthouse and he was smiling all the way. I don’t see how someone could do something like this. Such a senseless coldblooded crime. Thoughts and prayers for the families and friends of the victims. He will be tried as an adult.

buck-slayer

He won’t be smiling when Bubba his roomie gets him alone.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Sociopath. A real sick puppy…

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

I honestly believe Video Games are a big reason we hear these kinds of stories now days. The realistic “kill shots” in some of these games makes kids numb to the fact they are taking a “real” persons life.

Kids now days don’t seem to have a respect for others.

BUT, I also believe that the majority of kids involved with Hunting and Fishing,Especially with a strong father figure, don’t have these issues!!

Another reason to take your kids fishing and Hunting…Or anything that involves “Quality Time’!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I honestly believe Video Games are a big reason we hear these kinds of stories now days.

If this were true, considering the popularity of first person shooter games, you’d see a lot more of it. No need to deflect the responsibility.

hanson

Kid had quite the record from what I understand.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

In watching the news tonight on him being led to the brink, Did I here him say as he was smilling, “Had fun today”? WT!!!!!
    Mandatory life! Then bang and hang him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Sickens my stomach…who doesn’t know someone that might have been in the path of this SOB? Senseless is right…

From the Rochester paper:
    “Kossuth County Attorney Todd Holmes said during a news conference in Algona that Swanson walked into the Crossroads Gas Station on U.S. Highway 18 in Algona just after 9 p.m. Monday wearing a ski mask and demanded cash and cigarettes from the clerk, 47-year-old Vicky Bowman-Hall. She complied with the request, but Swanson shot her anyway and she died at a nearby hospital, Holmes said.

About an hour later, Swanson walked into a Kum and Go convenience store in Humboldt, about 30 miles south of Algona and shot and killed Sheila Myers, 61, who died at the scene, Holmes said.”

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Parents teaching their kids respect and responsibility are to blame, not video games..imho

That and this kid will probably serve 3 or 4 years in jail and get out, the punishment should fit the crime, not what some bleeding heart thinks either.

Maybe make prisons someplace you REALLY don’t want to go might help too.

Al

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

He is young with a “pretty” face. As long as the prison ignores his obvious attempts to be put into solitary or an isolated cell block, he’s going to have a lifetime of karma.

a1a

That silky smooth face will be real popular behind bars. I have a feeling he’ll suffer greatly for his crimes. My prayers go out to both the ladies families who this scum-bag murdered. Somehow I hope they eventually find peace. Senseless is all I can say..

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I also don’t blame Video games. It’s the parents responsibility to teach their children right from wrong. I persoannely have never had an issue with my child doing anything he shouldn’t against others. Very cold blooded! Probably will get of as Insane.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

It’s the parents responsibility to teach their children right from wrong.

RIGHT ON!

rockola

Wife told me that one of the clerks had 10 children.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

I honestly believe Video Games are a big reason we hear these kinds of stories now days. The realistic “kill shots” in some of these games makes kids numb to the fact they are taking a “real” persons life.
    Kids now days don’t seem to have a respect for others.
    BUT, I also believe that the majority of kids involved with Hunting and Fishing,Especially with a strong father figure, don’t have these issues!!
    Another reason to take your kids fishing and Hunting…Or anything that involves “Quality Time’!!!

Yea, lets blame video games instead of being personally responsible for your own actions.

So I wonder if old western movies made my dads generation violent?

That damn John Wayne…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think it’s mostly bad wiring. There have always been poeple like that and there always will be. Be vigilant.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I wonder if I could use Mario Kart as an excuse to egt out of a speeding ticket…

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Unreal , this kid belongs in the nuthouse IMO! They should have kept him there, but with budget cuts, probably caused his release. A Record for since age 13, now 17 and he smiling like he thinks its a game !

See Strib article:
    http://www.startribune.com/local/west/108458139.html?elr=KArks:DCiUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUr
    http://www.startribune.com/local/108652399.html?elr=KArks:DCiUBDia_nDaycUiacyKU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Next game he will be playing is hide the ______.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

The report I saw indicated one lady had 12 kids ranging from 5 – 27 years old. She was working up to 60 hrs per week to provide for them.

He won’t be getting off. But unfortunately, we get to foot the bill for the rest of his life.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I think it’s mostly bad wiring. There have always been poeple like that and there always will be. Be vigilant.

Well stated, Mike. Couldn’t agree more.

-J.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.