Concealed Carry Coming To Wisconsin?

• i_da_woman
    Wisconsin

With a new Governor elect,my husband, Jerome, predicts that concealed carry legislation will, at long last, be enacted in Wisconsin! What do you think?

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

As someone from Minn that has a shall carry permit and goes to Wisconsin multiple times, a Wisconsin conceal carry permit and reciprocity with Minn would make life easier.

Same with Wisconsinites coming to Minn.

Al

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

We have taken a step in the right direction for conceal and carry

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Don’t you guys know conceal and carry will lead to more murders??? Can you imagine people being able to go into a bar and get drunk with a hidden loaded hand gun! Just look what happened in Minnesota!!!

Too over the top?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Too over the top?

Not really.

I just hope the law is written well so there is no doubt left to local police depts and everyone is on the same page.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

hey
    when did you get a husband named Jerome? i know him as Doug or the Eyejacker!

a1a

“Same with Wisconsinites coming to Minn.”

That’s legal? The heck with Health-Care and Jobs; we need to close that loop-hole and do a better job of protecting our borders from this sort of invasion.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

You do not need to be a Minnesota Resident to get a Minnesota Permit to carry.

Gov Doyle had the bill on his desk twice and vetoed it both times. I don’t see that happening with the new gov. Congrats Wisconsin!

-J.

Don Hanson

I hope your right but we need to hold him to his promise. Walker was not exactly for gun rights, in fact he voted against carry and conceal before. What made him change his mind?
    He mentioned nothing of this in the primaries until his opponent said that the first thing on his list of to do’s was get this passed. Then and only then did Walker start talkng about gun rights.
    My feeling is he will not push hard to get done- unless we hold his feet to the fire.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

You do not need to be a Minnesota Resident to get a Minnesota Permit to carry.

Gov Doyle had the bill on his desk twice and vetoed it both times. I don’t see that happening with the new gov. Congrats Wisconsin!

-J.

No you don’t, but if they get their act together all you’ll need is a permit from one state to carry in both.

al

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

“Protecting and preserving our constitutional freedoms is one of the most important things a governor can do. The Bill of Rights forbids the government from infringing on the freedoms unique to America, but that hasn’t deterred politicians who want to treat the Second Amendment as optional and strip us of the right to keep and bear arms. I will fight these attempts to get around the U.S. and Wisconsin Constitutions and I will strive to protect our rights today and for future generations.”
    –Scott Walker

i_da_woman
    Wisconsin

Quote:

hey

Those are some of his much maligned pseudonyms which he no longer responds to. The only nom de guerre he responds to these days is Geronimo, which is Spanish for Jerome!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

hey

Those are some of his much maligned pseudonyms which he no longer responds to. The only nom de guerre he responds to these days is Geronimo, which is Spanish for Jerome!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

THAT my friends has the tell tale sign of an EyeJacker (or in this case…an I da Jacker) post.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

-J.

i_da_woman
    Wisconsin

Quote:

THAT my friends has the tell tale sign of an EyeJacker (or in this case…an I da Jacker) post.

After breaking in, he admitted to me that he may have left some finger prints as he forgot to wear his gloves. He also thought the wig and skirt disguise probably wasn’t working as well as it once did!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If he wouldn’t have had that 10 day whisker shadow, I wouldn’t have ever have guessed.

Don Hanson

Still a little to vague for my liking. These guys can be tricksters. I have had Wisconsin senators tell me they are all for peoples rights when it comes to guns. “for hunting and target practice, not for self denfense”.
    Like I said, lets hold his feet to the fire.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I have faith that the NRA will hold Scott Walker and Ron Johnson feet to the fire with the campaign funds and advertizing they received from the organization. Trust me, WI has a lot better chance of getting gun laws changed now that the goof balls have lost there seats.

Don Hanson

I hope your right but I lost faith in the NRA when they backed Ron Kind.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

For that seat….it was a throw away vote for either candidate. I guess even the NRA has to try and find the lesser of 2 evils now and then

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.