Camp Ripley

• Jeff Harecy
    Hager City, Wi.

Any info on fishing at Camp Ripley? Are there any lakes around big enough to put the boat on. Thanks for any help, gonna be up there for a couple weeks for training and looking for something to do in the evenings.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I only help friends.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Jeff:

It’ll be a zoo if it’s during the Camp Ripley Archery Hunts. Rumors of some great fishing on-base, but I’m only a civilian.

Camp Ripley Hunt Weekends

-10/21/10 – 10/22/10 Camp Ripley archery hunt – 1st season
    -10/30/10 – 10/31/10 Camp Ripley archery hunt – 2nd season

Joel

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

You can also do some decent smallie fishing on the Miss there from shore or wade if the water isnt high. I would definitely consider that.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Lake Alexander is only a few miles away and has great Muskie, smallmouth, and walleye fishing.

bluewing
    North Iowa

It’s been 30 years since I spent 6 years at summer camp on Ripley, but I took my fishing rod and fished the river on the east edge of camp. Caught walleyes under the bridge and from the bridge to the dam upstream were smallmouth and walleye. I would take a pair on waders and some topwater lures for the bass. The deeper pools held the walleye especially in the evening.
    Should be great color this time of year

Good luck

Jeff Harecy
    Hager City, Wi.

Thanks for the replies, I think at least for the first week we will stick to shore and wader fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.