locator power question

• ronc

My two locators are connected to my starting battery and when I restart my motor one of the locators turns off. I tried cleaning all the connections, bit it still wants to shut down. I think the reason is a reduction in power to the locator. Does anyone have any suggestions?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

yes , when you start the motor it interrupts the power to them , they default to OFF, check your batteries.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I had the same problem. I replaced the batteries and problem solved. The batteries are losing the power and the motor draws just enough power to get the locator to shut off.

ronc

I can’t figure out why one goes off and the other stays on. The battery is putting out 11.7 volts

bassmaster
    SE, MN

some locator’s are real touchy when it comes to there power fluctuating. see what the batteries put out when you start the motor. it don’t take much change to get some to shut down.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

11.7 is low. Most likely when you turn the key, it drops lower than that. Sounds like its time for a new starting battery.

mnbassin
    Mpls, MN

Like others stated. Sounds like you may need a new battery. Or If you can run the units off a accessorie battery.

ronc

Thanks guys. I think I will switch one of my front batteries to become the starting battery.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.