Resort on Mille Lacs?

• dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Hi everyone,

Im trying to plan my first fishing trip to Mille Lacs next June. Can anyone please recommend a good resort to stay in? 6 guys, Bringing 3 Boats, looking for a 5-7 day trip. Coming from Iowa.

Thanks for any input!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

there are many nice resorts, but for the price The Red Door gets my vote, along with the prior cabins they also have built several new cabins. No on site restaurant or bar, but there are places east or west. If you go to the Minnesota tab under the forums then Mille Lacs you will find they are the big banner at the top of the page. June is usually a great month on the north side rocks, sand and mud transisitions.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

There are lots of nice resorts on the lake but you cant go wrong with the Red Door. Lots of nice newer cabins there.

Warriorguy

Hunters Point Resort on the east side is in my opinion the best resort on the lake. It is centrally located on the east side of the lake. They have everything you need on site, launch, protected harbor, nice cabins, restaurant and bar. They also have a great staff.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

With 6 guys staying for a week, I would take a look at a site called VRBO.com. (Vacation rental by owner) We rented a house on Mille Lacs a couple years ago. It was very reasonable. Right next to Fishermans Warf.

Red Door 1
    North Shore Mille Lacs in Wealthwood

Dugout,

It would our pleasure to host your group at The Red Door!

Our location is central to the fishing at that time of year. We can harbor your boats nicely, out of the wind and safe.

Please feel free to call the office if you have any questions or refer to our website for more info.

We look forward to the potential of being your home away from home while at Lake Mille Lacs!

http://www.thereddoorresort.com/About_the_Red_Door_Resort.html

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

Thank you so much everyone. Found out tonight we have 8 guys in now. Now I have to start looking at rates and availability! Thx again everyone!

dugout
    Dubuque Ia

BZZSAW that site is top notch!!

fishinhare
    SE MN

I haven’t stayed at the Red Door YET…, but i have got to say from all of the posts i have been reading and people i have talked to around Rochester they have my vote for next years trip. I am very impressed with all of the help they have given everyone on this forum with everything from fishing reports to suggestions, I believe they would take very good care of any size group. Good luck and i hope it all works out for you guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.