How ‘Bout some more rain!!!

• john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

WOW! I just looked at the Corps forecast for pool 14. Holy floodwaters! 10′ rise in less than two days. What a mess. It has already been the worst walleye fishing summer in my years on the river, and this will probably make it a wash for the next few weeks anyway.

I guess I’ll have to use it as a learning experience, the fish still gotta eat, right.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Coming down again here in SE WI, planned on fishing this morning but the lightning is keeping me in the kitchen with a fresh cup of coffee.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I think I need to change my direction. Instead of Residential Construction, I need to start making Arks. I had 6.9 inches of rain in the gage in less than 3 hours on Thursday. I have .7 in there from 11:00 last night to now….Just feel like we have a huge cloud sitting over us all the time

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I was watching that system roll over you in Iowa yesterday. Just not good.

Here in Rochester we got a dumping again around 1AM this morning. Full package again….rain, wind, lightning, thunder and some small hail.

I haven’t had to water the garden but once this summer. That’s fine, however this violent weather is getting old and what ever happened to those nice all-night gentle rains?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

North of here about 60 to 80 miles they got pounded with rain. Some areas got 8″ to 10″ In a couple days. The north fork Maquoketa east of Manchester is up about 10′ while the Maquoketa in Manchester is up to the burger king in the middle of town, thats alot of water. I know the Cedar is going to come up but haven’t heard how much, with the rain they’ve had it sounds like its going to be alot.

I watched the lightning last night about 30 miles north of here and there wasen’t more then a few seconds in between flashes for over 2 hrs, it was constant flashes and heard on the weather this morning they got 1″ hail. It does seem like the storms were getting are more frequent with more rain then usual.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.