minnkota problems??

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i own a pd70 and is crapped out on me the other night. took it to the service center and they told me the breaker board or something like that went out in it. the only problem is that they are on backorder and don’t have a date that it will be shipped at all. wondering if anybody is on this waiting list right now or has any info on how long i’m going to be off the water. thanks for any help guys

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Motherboard. Common in PD

Get it to motor clinic in bloomington,mn if you can. Those guys are AWSOME. Its a drive from Roch, but there is always a way, they should have it done in 15min. Look em up on line and call em. Maybe you can get the part from them. Easy to install too. -Mark

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

thanks chuck i may call them and see if they have the part and if somehow they would be able to send it to the rochester minnkota service center. or maybe i’ll have to head to the cities for some metro muskies n get it fixed there.

Jira

I second that. Terry from Motor clinic is the man.

fireline
    Rochester

Didn’t know that Rochester had a service center !

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ll third the recommendation for Motor Clinic.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

universal marine and rv is the rochester service center. it isn’t on minn kota’s site but my friend works there and they hooked me up.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

same problem here, anyone have a number for the place and a rough price?

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

136 bucks if u don’t have warranty. noplace has them in stock tho so good luck

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Funny, someone I know was just talking about how Minnkota was really trying to scrape pennies out of every level of production and were changing to inferior materials for their motherboards……hmmmm…….

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

that doesn’t sound like a good idea to me… i would rather pay more money for a superior product than save a few bucks and not be fishing in a few months

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I just took a PD v-2 with sonar to Red Wing dealer and heard tonight (it’s been there 2 weeks tomorrow) that the part I need is back ordered. For crying out load, it’s the frickin plastic head cover> what’s up with that?
    I’m thinking it’s the ‘head quarters’ and not the dealers…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.