Internet service

• glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Just wondering if anyone in the Shakopee area has any suggestions or comments on Comcast vs. Qwest for internet service??

Thanks!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I know I am way north, but I have had both and prefer qwest. I had to many issues with comcast internet going down all the time in our. area. not sure if it will be the same down there, but that is my experience in the north.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Biggest difference: Comcast is Cable service and QWest is DSL service.

Next, however is QWest will soon be renamed as Century Link has made a offer and is buying QWest.

I setup my parents with QWest down in Albert Lea in January and works great. They have the slowest DSL speed due to distance from switch station and yet very quick, no problems. When bundled w/Phone service in best price package it still cost me almost $600 for 1st year with setup charges, etc.

Well worth it when they can watch video’s of my Grandson (Their 1st Great Grandchild) on facebook Video’s to see what he’s up to and how he does funny things.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I have Comcast in Hudson and it has been reliable. No complaints. Wish it was free though.

jjkouba
    Princeton, MN

I have had both and have to choose Comcast, but I have had issues with both. Is this for home or business? My company uses a company called Integra that is based in Golden Valley. They beat the hell out of both of them-better customer service and it was actually cheaper then Comcast. If you want, send me a PM and I can get you in contact with our guy. And FYI, besides my company using their service I have no affiliation with Integra.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

This will be for home, but I do work from home so I guess business. Am I still able to look into this other service?

jjkouba
    Princeton, MN

Sorry, I worded that poorly. They will do residential, but they specialize in higher bandwidth connections. Their price my not be as good on a standard home connection. So, this isn’t a market they push to get into. My office isn’t much bigger than my house, but we work with computer systems and security/surveillance so we use a lot of bandwidth.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

If you have the home land-line already I’d go DSL it will be much cheaper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.