terrova help…

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Going from a 101 foretrex…to a 101 terrova with ipilot to try it out. Problem is..I don’t have the clearance to mount it on the front of the 08 620 ranger…is there an extension bracket that will allow it to slide forward to deploy and clear the bumper strip…then extend back when not in use?

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Fwiw…I have already tried one of Minn kotas quick release brackets for the terrova…it did not allow for the needed clearance…

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

Not sure if it matters but I have a 2004 620. I used this bracket (cheaper minnkota bracket) This allowed me enough clearance to deploy the motor. Sorry if this is the bracket you already tried. I also went from a cable drive to the terrova. Hope this helped

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yup I’m sure mine is the same deal I got a solid $200+ in quick release components on my boat

Mine being a 190 Fish and ski, I had a quick release bracket on the cable drive, I actually mounted a MKA-21 on the quick release from the existing cable drive (can’t find the model number or description) had to drill and tap holes to make the MKA-21 fit solid on the other quick release, really this was quickest, easiest fix for me. Works great, I don’t think it’s too noticeable or anything.

I’d suggest a call to Ranger directly, I did so, but I was one of the first people to get a terrova, so they had no idea… at least at that time.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I feel sorry for you Luke I went through the same thing with my Nitro three or four years ago. I didn’t like the PowerDrive and went back to a Maxxim with cable steer. It really ticked me off having the extra holes but the way I have it now none of them show. The PowerDrive has the same foot print as the Terrova. I don’t remember what adapter plate I used but since I returned the PowerDrive Cabelas also took the adapter plate back. You could put some stainless screws with big heads and a lock nut with flat washer on the bottom to cover up the two holes that you cannot cover. Or maybe seal the holes and then put some of that traction tape over the holes. Good luck on your decision.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.