I PASSED my state exam…YAY!!!

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

On Thursday I took my state final written exam and the practical stations and I PASSED. I am very confident in my skills and what I do, but I still get nervous when it comes to the testing. All I know is when I found out I passed everything a whole lot of weight was lifted off my shoulders, lol.
    I was also called back for a second interview at a company that I could see myself retiring from in 30 years. I am going to be sweating bullets all night until I finish the interview tomorrow morning.
    I am still amazed at the opportunities that have opened up from a little piece of paper and a ton of hours invested to get that piece of paper. Life is finally good for me and my family.
    Thank you to everybody that beleived in me over the years. I truely appreciate it.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

That’s fantastic Wats, good for you!

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Mike that is awesome news. Congratulations on passing the exam – you deserve this sucess after all the hard work. Best wishes on the job interview and continued success.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Thanks guys

Mike-You ready to go fishing yet?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

CONGRATS Wats!

FDR

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Francisco- Your wife gave one heck of a speech at the graduation ceremony for Holmen
    She is a very well liked and respected teacher

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Francisco- Your wife gave one heck of a speech at the graduation ceremony for Holmen

She is a very well liked and respected teacher

I will pass that onto her Mike. She worked hard on it for three weeks. She gave it to me one week before the graduation and in a very nice way I asked what she was trying to say? She then said, “so you think it sucks!”. Well she started over from scratch and from that night on she was up until 3am working on it. She almost lost her voice on Thursday from practicing it. Never finalized it until Friday night. I am so PROUD of her! She worked so hard on it all the while keeping HER personality in it.

FDR

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Congrats Watson! Best of luck in your interview, be confident!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats Mike!!!
    That is awesome news just goes to show that hard work does pay off, best of luck in your interview I know you will do great!!!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Congratulations Mike

I know that you have given up a lot and had to work hard to achieve what you have thus far. With that in mind I know that you will not have any problems with your interview tomorrow. I feel that I am better off being nervous in an interview, it causes me to be more cautious and thorough with my answers. I have had two panel interviews with Kansas City Power & Light recently that lasted an hour and forty-five minutes each. The first one I was nervous and aced the interview, the second was two weeks ago and honestly I don’t know how well I really did. On both interviews I remember little things I wish I had answered differently but on the second interview I was less nervous and more comes to mind that I wish I could rephrase.

Anyway good luck with your interview tomorrow.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Great job Wats! Time after time we have watched you pick yourself up by your bootstraps and reinvent yourself! A lot of people can learn a lot from what you have done!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

now go out and drink a beer and kill some brain cells!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Quote:

Great job Wats! Time after time we have watched you pick yourself up by your bootstraps and reinvent yourself! A lot of people can learn a lot from what you have done!

Hell Chris, I don’t hold a candle to what you have done with what you have gone through. We may have had our differences in the past, but I think you are one hell of a person who is the epitome of “never give up”

But thank you for the reply

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Oh, I forgot, the interview this morning went VERY well. It was a lot less stressful than what I had anticipated or I was just prepared for whatever they threw at me
    Without counting my chickens, I am pretty sure I landed the job. It is just a waiting game now though. One of the people I interviewed with said I should go home and print out the protocols because I would be needing them in the near future

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

Without counting my chickens

So when do you think you will be able to begin counting them?

I’m glad to hear it went well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.