Need some help

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

so i live on mille lacs and just suck at fishing the smallies. i know where to go i see them all the time but cant get them to bite, about the only thing i have not tried is one lure that i almost ALWAYS hear about to use, the tube jog. my problem is i have absolutely no idea how to fish a tube, can anyone help make this more clear to me please? i dont know if i am supposed to cast and reel it in or if im supposed to drag it on bottom or what, beats the out of me. any help would be greatly appreaciated

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

The fish will tell you how they want it. At times you will swim it and they will just smoke it. Other times you can drag it or let it sit and then just pop it for movement. Top water baits and Beetlespins are also very good.

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

well I hope this helps you can fish a tube w a weight and texas rig ,or use a hp hook from eagleclaw or weightless or get a jig that fits inside and exposed hook or use a wacky rigged 4″senko type bait with a circle hook and no weight depending on water clairity use 8 to 15 flourocarbon line,drag it,hop it,leave it lay (dead stick it,just about all this works at one time or another good luck
    Stan

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I used to use real small ones and put a crawler on them. Just cast into shore and work it up and down back slowly. Speed and how much you lift up and let it drop will vary each day. Try several different weight jigs and tube sizes to match, I typically used small stuff like around 1/8th. Good luck. My info doesn’t come from fishing them on mille lacs, it comes from river smallies, not sure if it will matter.

mikkar
    South Saint Paul, MN

i use reed runners various colors and works for me or just the good old traidtional worm on blood red hook does the trick. the fish will let you know just try different presentations and the fish will respond.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

so i know where to go i see them all the time but cant get them to bite

so what are the coordinates for these smallies again?

I think once you try the tubes you’ll like ’em. Drop & pop ’em, slide ’em, drag & snap ’em, or just swim ’em….good wave action, slip bobber ’em…but the fish will let you know how to serve one of their favorite dishes…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.