Grabbing a Partial Quote from an Existing Post?

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Can someone please tell me the trick to doing this? Hitting the quote button to copy an entire post is just fine, but when I try to highlight just the part I want to grab, it doesn’t work. What am I missing (besides an obvious lack of computer skills)

Thanks,

Jim

><(((>

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Easiest would be quoting the entire post and remove what you don’t want by either high-lighting the portion you do not want and hitting back space or manually hitting back space and doing it one letter at a time.

Or if you are trying move the quote to a different thread you can high-light the selected part of quote you want, right click and select copy….then in your post click on the quote button down below and then right click and paste it in between the quotes brackets.

Or

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

just quote the entire post and remove what you don’t want by either high-lighting the portion you do not want and hitting back space or manually hitting back space and doing it one letter at a time.

That’s what I do

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

just quote the entire post and remove what you don’t want

I do

Me 2 See above….

big G

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Can someone please grab,
    Jim

><(((>

There. How’s that for an example?

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

someone please grab

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hi Jim,
    it is quite simple……
    1. Highlight the portion you want to quote.
    2. Now hit CTRL + C to copy
    3. Under Instant UBB Code click on Quote. You now see the word quote in you text box two times both of them will be surounded by [ ]
    4. Now paste your text between the two words quote and you are done.

If you are still having trouble with it I can walk you through it over the phone.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Hi Jim,
    it is quite simple……
    1. Highlight the portion you want to quote.
    2. Now hit CTRL + C to copy
    3. Under Instant UBB Code click on Quote. You now see the word quote in you text box two times both of them will be surounded by [ ]
    4. Now paste your text between the two words quote and you are done.

If you are still having trouble with it I can walk you through it over the phone.

way to mutch work Steve Dad says Hi when are we going to pull some lead.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

way to mutch work Steve Dad says Hi when are we going to pull some lead.

Tell him Hi back! I will be staying in Lake City from this Friday to next Friday, I have an open seat on Sunday all day. On the week days I will be on the water by 5PM and have open seats on Tue & Wed. If those days do not work for ya Sundays and Mondays are best for me. Let me know and we can pick a day.

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Quote:

Easiest would be quoting the entire post and remove what you don’t want by either high-lighting the portion you do not want and hitting back space or manually hitting back space and doing it one letter at a time.

Or

Just praciticing Thanks for the help guys!

Jim

><(((>

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Or

Just praciticing Thanks for the help guys!

Jim

><(((>

Apparently, I need to practice my spelling too

><(((>

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Apparently, I need to practice my spelling too

><(((>

Forget that, just install a browser add-on that checks the spelling as you go. It helps keep my posts somewhat intelligible.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.