Best fight ive ever had

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

i was out fishing for crappies last tuesday way up shallow when my bobber went down and a big boil rose to the surface in place of my float. i set the hook and told my buddy “this aint no crappie dude” almost 45 minutes later i was able to land this 35″ fat northern on 4 pound test with a puddle jumper jig and a crappie minnow with my ugly stick ultra light. No net in the boat so this thing was landed by hand, measured one picture and back in the water she went

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Always fun to get a big gator when crappie fishing. Good job, especially with no net.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Well done!!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Nice fish!

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Great fish Wyatt, especially on 4# test, that’s what I fish with religiously….

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Holy crap dude!

I was slow-trolling for crappies on a small lake in Rice Co, MN, once with a buddy and something hit my line. I brought it up to the surface with a long, slow pull and suddenly a 3′ body and a pair of eyes emerged from the water. It was there for approx 2 seconds before SPLASH! It went under… my knot broke (I wasn’t being super careful with my line back then) and I lost it.

Suffice to say, had I brought it in I’d have been a happy camper… you deserve to be proud of that one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.