“GPS Module not responding”

• timmy

My Lowrance X-17 gives me that message. I have seen it before, but it always cleared up right away, but not this time. I was in the boat all day on Saturday, and there was no GPS function what so ever……

Is there any fixes for this, or is the unit shot? It worked when I put the boat away in October – and it was stored in a heated garage all winter.

Tim

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Did you check all your wires? sounds to me like a mouse may have gotten to them.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

could be your gps puck. if you know someone who has the same puck, switch it out and try that. Those darn things don’t last as long as they should….

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Jesse’s answer ie where to start. Make sure power is good to the puck. I’m sure there will be a splice you can check and fuse too. Idealy there will be a switch too to kill the power to the puck, if not there should be. You can always use a wire probe too to test the wires. Make sure to seal any holes you poke so they don’t corrode as easy.
    -Mark

yote_tamer

I bought a brand new unit and the puck was bad. After many hours of troubleshooting, switched pucks with a buddy and it was fine. Check the connections but, pucks can go bad.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

This message means your not getting power to the puck. Either the power has been cut somehow to the gps puck or the puck has gone bad itself….

bigcrappie
    Blaine

$112.00 From Lowrance. Just had my LGC-2000 go out after 6 years and they sent me a LGC-4000 with the cable to go from blue to red.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.