Vantage Wiring Question

• avery2408
    Iowa

I need some help from you guys. I have a 36 volt Vantage motor that I bought for cheap. My bow mount is 24 volts. I need to make this work. I know idealy I should have bought the 24 volt system but this one was cheap. Should I wire this in with the 24 volts that I already have and just ad a battery.(I know not to supply 36 volts to the 24 volt motor)Or should I just buy three new batteries and just wire the two motors seperate. Now I know I will be dealing with a weight issue as well. I figured three more batteries would ad another 225 lbs. Any or you guys ever heard or dealt with this? Any info would help.

scrapman

I have a 24 volt on the front and 36 volt on the back. I used 3 batteries and just pulled off the first 2 for the 24 volt. It has worked just fine for 2 years now.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

Hmmmmmm….. You bought it cheap…. It seems like a lot of work, weight, etc. maybe you should sell it to me… I am looking for one, 24 volt preferably, but I am flexable. LOL

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

yeap, like scrapman said. Add the 3rd battery to create 36 volts for the Vantage motor, and I believe you’ll also need a 12 volt connection (at the first battery) for the Vantage lift/deploy motor. Both motors get the black ground lead to the first battery, 12V at the + positive of the first battery, 24V at the + positive of the 2nd battery (for the bow mount) and 36V at the + positive of the 3rd battery. You’ll need to make a new jumper from the 2nd battery positive to the 3rd battery negative, too.

HRG

ps: don’t forget to add circuit breakers at the 12V lift motor connection, as well as at the 36V motor connection.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

You better have volt meter and be able to use it correctly because if you put 24 or 36 volts to the wrong area you will fry your Vantages board instantly.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Jason, whatever you do, DO IT RIGHT don’t do anything half

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.