Gamers….

• scottd
    wisconsin

If after installing a brand new game-a window states that the video card is not supported/ would a person actually have to buy a new video card or can the driver be updated?

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

It wasn’t Mass Effect 2 was it?

schweg2
    Centuria,WI

Lots of games are high demanding on the video card. You can try updating the video card drivers but my guess it won’t help.

scottd
    wisconsin

Thanks for the replys.
    The game is Medal of Honor Air Borne(by EA games)
    My Computer is fairly new/Windows vista

Scott

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

Thanks for the replys.
    The game is Medal of Honor Air Borne(by EA games)
    My Computer is fairly new/Windows vista

Scott

Most new computers come with low end video cards not intended for heavy 3-D graphics. You can get a descent 3-D graphics card for pretty cheap.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Most new computers come with low end video cards not intended for heavy 3-D graphics. You can get a descent 3-D graphics card for pretty cheap.

im with brad, if you bought a PC from a big box store, you will most likely need to upgrade the vid card. may i suggest looking at newegg.com or tigerdirect.com for cheap parts. they are all plug and play these days, just make sure that the slot you have on the motherboard matches the one you pick.

wooly bugger
    SE Minnesota

Yep, look for an after-market video card. Check your power supply first, and the what kind of slots you have for expansion. A lot of PC only come with 300 watt or so power supply, which will limit the amount of card you can put in. But card makers make some decent cards that plug in that you won’t have to deal with upgrading power supply.

If you want a top end card you may have to upgrade your power supply.

I think Nvidia and some of the other top card makers have little utilities you can download from their sites to see what kind of card expansion options you have.

You can get a decent card and performance boost for $50-100. If you want real top end it can get quite expensive in a hurry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.