Capitol Lake – Pierre, SD

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

If you ever get to Pierre, it’s worth your time for a quick tour around Capitol Lake. These pics were taken on Jan 9th per the email I recieved. Enjoy!

spd800
    NW Metro

Saw that this summer when I was out there working. Cooler looking with all of the frost and ice. Thanks for posting

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Quote:

Cooler looking with all of the frost and ice. Thanks for posting

That’s actually Goose Droppings Capital Lake gets swarmed with Sky Carp!

The Christmas trees inside are a treat to see as well.

jerry b
    western WI

Hey Kooty-when you was a kid, did you and your buddys ever go down and “lite” the lake? For the rest of you, the fountain at the lake is artesian and used to have a good quantity of natural gas that flowed along with the water. Now they pipe it up in the air and burn it off. Once in a while on a very still, super hot summer night the gas would literally lay on the water. We’d go down with a box of wooden matches and lite the gas laying on the lake. WOOOF, the entire lake would illuminate. Never hurt anything or anybody, had to scatter and run like heck cuz the cops took a dim view but I still can visualize it. Another fine memory, thanks Koot jerr

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve heard of this was done by more than one source, but never tried it. Things we did as kids….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.