My borrowed LX-5

• love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Hello all,

Just one more post before I hit the rack before leaving for LOTW for the annual father son trip. My son Garrett the past 3 years has always hogged the Vex. This year Cal S was nice enough to offer his Marcum to me so I can finally out fish my 8 year old son He gave me a few tips on what to do with the ZOOM feature and the SFL button. This thing looks like the cats meow and I can’t wait to fish with it. By the way, my wife already saw it and I told her I am just borrowing it for the weekend so Garrett can have the Vex. I am already planning on using the 3 prices you paid rule on her on my way home (1. The price you paid, 2. The price you told her you paid, 3. And the price you will pay when she finds out how much you paid).
    This is a impressive looking unit compared to what I have. Any tips on how to use it to the best of my ability would be greatly appreciated. We usually set up in about 25-28 feet of water. Mr. Grow if you are out there chime in as you more than likely will be able to sell yours if you have already not. Have a safe and happy super bowl weekend everyone.

John

kylem86

There is ONE rule i live by… My dad taught me this! Its easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission.

stevenoak

Guy on Sunday hunting show was haveing a $37,000 custom over-under built.He told the guy building it “when I die I hope my wife doesn’t sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them”

raapala
    Eau Claire, WI

You’ll have no regrets when you do it! I don’t imagine Reed’s will have another fire sale this year but that would be nice.

Quick Run:
    1) Turn it on, range = 40.
    2) Press the ‘ZM’ button once for 5ft zoom, twice for 10ft zoom. This will automatically turn ‘SFL’ on.
    3) Press and hold ‘DN’ to move the zoom window down to the bottom.
    4) Adjust Gain
    5) If you see interference, press ‘IR’ as many times as it takes to clean it up.
    6) At 25-28 ft, you could probably press ‘NBT’ on, or narrow beam transducer. Should be able to pick up your two bait if they are close together.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

i’d make sure NBT is on. it will save you from picking up a lot of interference on the vex running the 2 side by side.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Quote:

Guy on Sunday hunting show was haveing a $37,000 custom over-under built.He told the guy building it “when I die I hope my wife doesn’t sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them”

I know the feeling – In my house we have a the rule that all things over $1000 must have a meeting to discuss. I now obtain most things I don’t need “in parts”

Dog

chefejs
    Shakopee, MN

My LX 5 works pretty well as Vexilar repellent. I had a group of 4 guys with two new FL-20’s start popping holes right next to me……both vex units were unreadable due to my signal. OH well..had my spot to myself soon after…:) Even with the gsin at minimum…you might have an issue trying to use that vex in close proximity to that LX-5. I do lover the IR capabilities of my LX-5.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Just a question, What should I do with 3 Vex’s in a 6 person shack? My guess would be I win!!!! Just kidding, don’t want the guys on the trip to have a bad trip. I am just happy to be in GODS country.

John

fireline
    Rochester

I have an OLD FL-8 and a new LX-5 . Will the old fl-8 work in the ice house with the lx-5 ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.