Frabill hibernet

• SHONW

Have any of you had experience with this net? I like how compact it stows (I have a smaller boat). Just wondering if it would hold up to Muskies?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Looks cool, but I don’t think I would want to use it for a muskie net (walleyes maybe). The normal dimensions for a Beckman muskie net are about 34 X 36 inches. The Beckman and Frabill nets are tough as nails. I don’t think a collapsable net is going to have the same strength.

Quote:

More features: a premium rubberized handle yields sure-handed use. The netting itself is a soft, black poly mesh. Retracted, Hiber-Net is 52-inches in length, with a triangular-shaped hoop that’s 22- by 22-inches by 24-inches deep.

AverageSportsman
    SE MN

I purchased one of these a couple years ago. It was called a Hibernet, but did not have the Frabill name. I assume Frabill bought them out or something.

Anyway, its a nice net for anything but large fish. It stows and deploys well and is great when space in the boat is limited. I usually carry this net as a spare/backup, but have used exclusively from time to time.

If your looking for a musky net this one is not it. Very small hoop and basket. Good luck with your search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.