selling dog question

• tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I have a Viszla that is 5 years old. I feal like crap asking this but has anyone sold a dog that they have had since puppy. I really like the dog he is awsome in the field and home, however he is too needy for me. If someone has owned a Viszla knows they love to be right next to you, this one isn’t happy unless he is laying on you.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

That is a tough spot to be in.

I would make sure whomever you sell him too knows the neediness and has the time/lifestyle needed to take care of him right.

I gave my dog (A Lab/Golden/Brittney mix) away 6-years ago as my job & thus lifestyle changed as I was out of town 4-5 days a week.

She was a good Hunter and needed to run and play/work. My wife did not have the time (Got let out morning and evening for an hour or so and then back to the kennel. Broke my heart to see her locked up all the time) and my last kid (stepson) was too involved in video games, new drivers license and friends to be involved in playing with her.

I found a family with 2-boys 12 & 14 years old that both were outdoors sports oriented and both had gun training. Spoke with them a few times and met twice before deciding as they had the energy and enthusiasm to make a good home for her.

Saw them once a few months later and she was as happy as could be.

Good Luck.

dea
    Hixton, WI

Could you check and see if there is a breed rescue? I know there is one for golden retrievers and they are very good at “re-homing” dogs.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

If we had a house instead of our apartment here at Fairoak I’d say I’d take her.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.