Greetings from the Road!!

• jldii

A quick report from the semi!!

I’ve been doing a lot of driving. Left the Twin cities on Monday the 21st and have driven a little over 4400 miles since leaving, and loving every minute of it. Went from Mpls. to Bolingbrook, IL, Geneva, IL, Fargo, ND., Miles City Montana, back to Fargo via Beulah, Hazen, Washburn, and Bismarck. Then I went from Fargo to Kenosha, Wi., Atlanta, Ga., Conyers, Ga., to Shawnee Mission, Ks., and am now on my way to Hopkins, Mn. to drop off a trailer and pick up another one to get to Olney, Il. By 5AM Saturday.

I’ve driven thru Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, St. Louis, Kansas City, and now Des Moines, where I’m writing this from.

I’ll tell you, this is one big beautiful country we live in and I’m seeing a lot of it, and loving it all.

I’ll get back to Mille Lacs some time and put the boat away for the winter, but after that, I think I’ll stay down south for the winter and take my time off around the Gulf coast where I don’t need an auger and 10 layers of clothes to go fishing.

Everyone take care!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Good for you Jack! Sounds like you are enjoying yourself just living life and enjoying the scenery.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Good to finally hear from you Jack! I saw you fished a few tourneys on Mille Lacs this year. Didn’t know if you were still driving or not. You are right, it is a huge country we live in!!

Safe travels and keep in touch.

BTW, hope you have satellite radio in the truck to follow the Twins this summer. They have had a fun season and you can’t beat satellite radio if you are a baseball fan.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Jack, you should hook that Yar-Craft up to the rig and tow it South. I heard the bass fishing is really good down there.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

How did the Brunswick deal go?

Adam

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Long time no see Jack good to hear from you, safe travels!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I think I’ll stay down south for the winter and take my time off around the Gulf coast where I don’t need an auger and 10 layers of clothes to go fishing.

Boring you can do that all summer here

Bring on the ice……. You’ll miss it

The_Bladepuller
    South end

Good to hear things are going well, Jack. If you get in a jam and need me to tow your boat over to Eddies?, let me know. I’ll be around until Thanksgiving.
    Bought a H-D Fat Bob the other day and I just may spend my winter down south also; on 2 wheels.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Hey Jack, nice to hear from you. I hope you have safe travels and a good winter. Catch me a Tarpon while you’re down on the Gulf and I’ll see ya up on the Pond in the Spring

big_g
    Isle, MN

Enjoy your time in the sun Jack… well keep an eye on Wally for you….

big G

smacphail

Gulf coast sounds lovely, anything to get out of the cold and into the sun, maybe I’ll see you there

jldii

Nice catch!!

smacphail

Oh yeah, best walleye yet, really made my summer complete and the guide who put me on her was amazing. Hands down, one of the best days ever! Hey, is that a Yar-Craft?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.