Bunch of BS

• jkratky
    Lino Lakes, MN

They shot the Bear in N st.paul. With alot of follow-up BS

deertracker

Can to broaden the topic so we all know what you are talking about?
    DT

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Somebody explain to me how hundreds of thousands of people can live next to bears in Northern Minnesota every day of the year…but if a bear shows up in the seven county metro area, it’s “a threat to public safety” and they have to chase the bear down and shoot it? I have a hard time believing that bear was about to eat somebody. Then again, last spring the South St. Paul police shot a GOAT that was running around the neighborhood because it was “a danger to public safety”. Think about that…they thought a darned goat was more dangerous than discharging a firearm in a neighborhood full of people?

I’m just shaking my head and feeling bad for the bear. And the goat, too.

Rootski

neverhome
    Anoka county

Did you guys even listen to the story? Running through a school yard and then stuck in a tree! Im pretty sure the only place that bear could go at that point is in the street, on a sidewalk or in someones back or front yard. To me all of those places are a threat to the safety of the public. Yes it’s sad that the bear was killed, but to think it was out of line is a joke. I would not want to see what would happen if that bear was hit by a car. I am not sure how you can compare living in norther minnesota near bears to the metro area where the only place the bear has to go is the garden in my backyard. I don’t think it would have eaten anyone either but to wait and see what it would do is not an option. Just my .02

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

I heard on one of the news shows that there was not a tranquilizer gun available. Really? I’d think if it was stuck in the tree they would have time to wait for one.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

From what I saw, the bear came down the tree while they were waiting for the tranquilizer, and instead of letting it run somewhere else, or cause an issue with the CROWD of people, they decided to shot it.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Until you are in this situation dealing with a cornered/frightened animal that could easily hurt someone, I think we should all remember criticism is easy from our perspective.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Quote:

Until you are in this situation dealing with a cornered/frightened animal that could easily hurt someone, I think we should all remember criticism is easy from our perspective.

Well said Kooty! I still have a hard time squaring off with with the rooster at my buddy’s farm to grab fresh eggs!!!

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Quote:

Well said Kooty! I still have a hard time squaring off with with the rooster at my buddy’s farm to grab fresh eggs!!!

Roosters don’t lay eggs!!!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Quote:

Roosters don’t lay eggs!!!

maybe not, but it sure looks like the Vikings are trying to

kooty
    Keymaster

Ya, our special teams giving up 14 more points today was ridiculous. Yes, that first touchdown was due to poor kick coverage and great field position. Get a questionable call and all of a sudden you are in the red zone. Surely wasn’t impressed with our O line today!!

timmy

Gee whiz……it was a bear. Big deal.

I can’t imagine the outrage that would ensue if, on the remotest of possibilities, the bear hurt somebody……then the cops would be hung out to dry with people bitching about how they should have avoided the whole mess by killing it. You can’t win. I, for one, value peoples safety way more than I value a bear running around a city.

Tim

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Arent a bunch more bear about to be shot with hunting season coming up? And they are not even running a-muck in the city.

I thought usually the DNR took these matters into thier hands and tranquilized them loaded them into a cage and hauled them back north.

Reminds me of the South Park episode when they go hunting:

“holy crap Ned it’s coming rite for us”

timmy

According to the news report I heard, the DNR officer that was being interviewed said that tranquilizing an animal in a populated area can result in some unpredictable behavior…..a chance that they were not willing to take considering the numbers of people around. I tend to agree.

They are damned if they do, damned if they don’t. I think they played it perfectly…..as nobody got harmed and the issue is gone.

Tim

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Gee whiz……it was a bear. Big deal.

Gotta agree. Bears dont belong in city. They should have shot it quicker rather than waiting so long for the crowd to build. If people are concerned about the affect on the population of killing this one rogue bear then eliminate one hunting tag next year….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.